Price Speculation

Even Dogecoin market cap is more than Zcash now…
GG…

4 Likes

The most baffling thing about ZEC’s price movement has been the decline in the ZEC/BTC pair. I’ve been a fan of Bitcoin for a long time, but 57 ZEC for 1 BTC is just silly. It could obviously go much lower still, but who are these people selling ZEC for BTC? Bitmain?

Don’t understand it at all… there are plenty of good things about to happen here, more so than with BTC.

At some point there will be a ‘to hell with it’ moment and I’ll go ‘all in’ with ZEC.

1 Like

ZEC/USD hasn’t been this low since May 2017, a time when ETH was still below $100. There could be further to fall yet, but I think Equihash mining profitability had to collapse before people actually started to realize that buying ZEC directly is a better investment. Now that ASIC earnings are 1/3 of what they were a few months ago and there’s little chance of anyone making a positive ROI on these new batches, buying ZEC is the only real alternative.

zec $107
xmr $103
zec price will lower than xmr soon.

1 Like

104$ are we gonna stop soon…

Why would anyone buy Zcash now? Its a very bad coin to hold, given that it gives no signs of bouncing anytime soon. Huge inflation with no new investors, given that the community was given middle finger by not forking away.

[Moderation edit by @daira: Zcash monetary base inflation is currently just under 0.15%, not 1% as someone claimed earlier in the thread.]

1 Like

hehe Zooko cashed in milions of our $$$ and he can wait out the dump same as Vitalik is doing.

you surely know little about crypto

2 Likes

Teloscoin is going to use it as complementary coin

Did you read my post or are you being intentionally obtuse? I was explaining how I think the decline in price might continue until people realize that buying ZEC directly is preferable to mining.

I’m not spamming anything, but I contribute a lot more to the discussion than trying to criticize other users. You spend an inordinate amount of time trying to argue with me about ASICs and calling my posts FUD.

1 Like

It seems there’s a mass exodus from cryptos. ZEC is taking an ass beating, so is ETH. Let’s hope we can hold 100 and recover even any amount going into the weekend. If ZEC drops under 100, it could be anyone’s guess as to how low it goes.

I can’t imagine anyone selling at such losses. I’d rather watch my holding go to 0 than feed these goddam bears.

5 Likes

I wonder what the sentiment is like over at places like Coinbase. I assume there is a limit in terms of exiting value that can be tolerated (as a bank doesn’t keep enough cash on hand to cover all of its liabilities simultaneously). I wonder how close they are getting to this threshold.

A little cultural inspiration -

“We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”

1 Like

I said it once a couple months or more earlier in this thread… The bear market in crypto is a shift away from risk. The US stock market is next. The best best investment right now… is fiat. USD, NOK, and a few select others. Sadly. Sit on your cash and be patient for the plunge in world assets.

Silver is 14 bucks…

And lemons have peels

1 Like

Fiat isn’t a store of value nor an investment.

1 Like

Except, ya know, in periods of rapidly tightening monetary policy.