Price Speculation

Yes, this is coinbase, not coinbase pro.

2 Likes

Ha ha! Fuk you Julius Caesar!

1 Like

Wow the dump is real after adding zcash to coinbase.

Yes seems opposite effect😂

I remember, when you told earlier this year, that this year zec is listed to Coinbase in 2018.:birthday:

1 Like

Next year Bakkt and NASDAQ ? :smiley:

Hope that Bakkt is starting in January

They did say they are planning to add more cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin.

imo, bakkt is possible, but NASDAQ is probable.

imo, for an alt to even be considered for listing on true player exchanges like bakkt, and NASDAQ’s being listed on both gemini, and coinbase. zcash just joined that exclusive club. there’s more to it than that, but being listed on both exchanges is the key.

side note - i don’t believe alts like BCH will be considered, only originals.

3 Likes

If I was the one picking the coins, top 5 would be BTC, ETH, ZEC, LTC and ETC.

Top meaning last to go to $0 right? yeah :stuck_out_tongue:

I find it tough picking more than 3. BTC only because it was the first and more recognized. ZEC for obvious reasons of it being a better BTC and we don’t need BTC when ZEC is ready. ETH because it can be a game changer(Web 3.0, “world’s supercomputer”) and has the most development. LTC adds nothing new to the above list. ETC doesn’t either and the developers are quitting. I would pick XRP and XLM over these two.

1 Like

I get what you are saying, but is there any point to trading Silver when we have Gold ? Silver adds nothing :smiley:

Zcash is in accumulation phase since August, how long will it last before market makers pump it ?

THE ACCUMULATION PHASE

The first stage of a bull market is referred to as the accumulation phase, which is the start of the upward trend. This is also considered the point at which informed investors start to enter the market.

The accumulation phase typically comes at the end of a downtrend, when everything is seemingly at its worst. But this is also the time when the price of the market is at its most attractive level because by this point most of the bad news is priced into the market, thereby limiting downside risk and offering attractive valuations.

However, the accumulation phase can be the most difficult one to spot because it comes at the end of a downward move, which could be nothing more than a secondary move in a primary downward trend - instead of being the start of a new uptrend. This phase will also be characterized by persistent market pessimism, with many investors thinking things will only get worse.

From a more technical standpoint, the start of the accumulation phase will be marked by a period of price consolidation in the market. This occurs when the downtrend starts to flatten out, as selling pressure starts to dissipate. The mid-to-latter stages of the accumulation phase will see the price of the market start to move higher.

2 Likes

But silver is a raw material used to make things. The only real use for other coins is to help with scaling issues when fees go up… Once ZEC can scale enough they won’t be necessary. They can still be used if people want to they just won’t be necessary and they aren’t private.

Anything you make with Silver you can make with Gold, just more expensive :smile: so what is the point of Silver then?

Yes it is cheaper and less efficient a conductor. If gold was as cheap as silver would silver be used? That was my point above: Other coins aren’t needed if ZEC can scale enough and have low fee transactions and be more private(gold). If the fees rise then another coin could be used for cheaper transactions(silver).

The BTC = Gold LTC = Silver analogy is ancient and stale, guys. Metals are different than cybercoins. This is a perfect example of why analogies are horrible for debate. You’re -by definition- talking about a completely different thing. (Analogies are great for illustrating a new concept, though!)

To say something on topic: The value prop for LTC I find most convincing is this: it’s a btc-like testnet which, unlike a testnet, has real value, real incentives.

1 Like

volume, it’s happening again.