Price Speculation

going to figure out if lbank is a scam. so far they seem like a legit exchange. china based, so little more difficult to research deeply, but considering lbank is listed as ZEC’s top exchange; we’re going to figure this out. interesting how much volume zcash gets on asian exchanges.

asian exchanges dominate zcash trading

which is pretty amazing considering US taxpayers helped fund zerocash protocol’s development. don’t get me wrong, i’m not bitching about this, woukd like to see more US participation. coinbase’s volume has started to pick-up. noticed CMC started including coinbase.

1 Like

also, seeking alpha gave zcash forum a little love yesterday image we do try to keep it interesting, up in this piece! also, good morning!

3 Likes

Good idea to research Lbank, maybe even try it as i didn’t even bother to register there. I would like to hear your feedback if you register at Lbank and check if the orderbooks and everything else correspondents to the volume and prices…

About the Forexbrokerz.com review: 3 reviews for an Exchange that claims having 20x the volume of Binance?
Actually the forexbrokerz.com site itself is being accused being a scam, just as a side note…

About the aBitGreedy.com Review: This is a good review actually. However, the review only includes interface, trading fees, and such and nothing about volume.

Same with FXempire, i get even 0 stars there and 0 reviews…

Below some more interesting findings about Lbank:

Interesting part:
just go on their exchange and see, it’s 100% fake trades, only trades of thousands of ven happen, trades that happen don’t correspond to order books and the difference between one trade and another is sometimes even 20%

Interesting part:
Furthermore, there is absolutely NO liquidity at ALL on LBank, even though CoinMarketCap reports an average of 100k trading volume every day. I literally checked the orders continuously while my sell order was at the very bottom, and it hasn’t been touched in 4 days! I came to realize that there are bogus trades being made every 5 min or so within the 4% margin to essentially create artificial volume, which is plain fraudulent!

The original Report of the Blockchain Transparancy Institute, in my opinion the best one anyway:

https://www.blockchaintransparency.org/reports/

In their November issue Lbank isn’t even anymore listed as a top 68 exchange. Have in mind that only the Lbank ZEC volume would grant the #8 place by exchange volume and this would be more than whole Kraken volume!!!

https://www.blockchaintransparency.org/november2018/

Interesting reading generally about fake volume:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-27/crypto-s-open-secret-its-multibillion-dollar-volume-is-suspect

2 Likes

sheeeit …guess coda has an alpha testnet up. super excited about this!

2 Likes

To help you a bit more with the Lbank review. Taken some exchanges and the daily website popularity:

As said allready in my last post, only the ZEC volume on Lbank would rank it #8 by volume along all total volume exchanges.

Lbank.com, Daily volume: $391,209,459
Tradeogre.com, Daily volume: $111,236 USD
Binance.com, Daily volume: $688,731,686
Kraken.com, Daily volume: $147,505,327
Bittrex.com, Daily volume: $46,691,701
Bitfinex, Daily volume: $313,632,483

Alexa even doesn’t list Lbank neither global nor in China… While this is no proof of course, it’s a strong indicator that they just have any website traffic at all…

Alexa Website Traffic:
Lbank: Global Rank: None, China Rank: None
Binance: Global Rank 984
Kraken: Global Rank 13,438
Tradeogre: Global Rank: 24,250, China Rank: 12,904
Bittrex: Global Rank: 4,631, US Rank: 3,371
Bitfinex: Global Rank: 7,889, Japan Rank: 3,954

Ok, SimilarWeb lists Lbank, the stats and daily visits speak for itself in my opinion. Even in China the site is as good as unknown…

SimilarWeb Website Traffic:
Lbank: Global Rank: 14,242,133, China Rank: 742,054
Binance: 1,471, US Rank: 1,981
Kraken: 11,682, US Rank: 11,293
Tradeogre: 28,393, Russia Rank: 8,431
Bittrex: 6,388, US Rank: 6,823
Bitfinex: 11,175, Russia Rank: 5,454

And as we are about stats, let’s check the highest Trade Pair of each the above exchanges and compare them:

Lbank: ZEC/ETH, $104,689,070 24/h volume, 26.76% of exchange volume
Lbank: ZEC/BTC, $36,473,566 24/h volume, 9.32% of exchange volume
Lbank: ZEC/USDT, $10,389,038 24/h volume, 2.66%, of exchange volume
Binance: BTC/USDT, $189,358,054 24/h volume, 27.49% of exchange volume.
Kraken:BTC/USD, $42,563,364 24/h volume, 28.86% of exchange volume
Tradeogre: SUQA/BTC, $15,788 24/h volume, 14.19% of exchange volume
Bittrex: BTC/USD, $5,132,102 24/h volume, 10.99%% of exchange volume
Bitfinex: BTC/USD, $136,603,547 24/h volume, 43.56% of exchange volume

Really? The ZEC volume is nearly as high as the BTC/USDT on Binance? Bigger than the BTC/USD on Bitfinex? Over 25x the most popular BTC/USD on Bittrex? Not really or?

P.S.: I added tradeogre, a mini exchange to the comparision to show that even super mini exchanges are listed on the web ranking sites by traffic. And this tradeogre mini exchange with $111,236 daily volume has 1000x of more visitors than Lbank…

Silver has the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal, bout 50% more than gold
Price wise, it is the definition of stability, in the past hundred and ten years the price hasn’t fluctuated more than about $110

1 Like

For all of that you could use Copper or Gold, my opinion hasnt changed, Silver is not needed, and only reason its price is sort of high is price manipulations.

It does tarnish…20cha

volume-wise, our gemini/coinbase markets are on fire!

zcash also crushing 24 hour volume

gemini’s really killing it today.
coinbase continues it’s volume; coinbase could become our largest US market very fast. pretty amazing stuff here. imo, shouldn’t be too bummed-out about current exchange rates.

1 Like

I dont know why you are excited. Volume increasing price dropping is bearish sign.

zcash

Lucky for us, it might be fake volume.

1 Like

not when the market’s in the middle of accumulation.

1 Like

I dont know what this has anything to do with. Can you give me any lead or examples on how volume increasing price dropping was ever a good sign ?

Use traditional markets if you have to

2 Likes

also, these are significant volume gains from gemini. almost double typical volume. now gemini’s market makers need to compete against coinbase makers for market dominance.

1 Like

Think the current BCH (ABC/SV) gains are at BTC expense, so yet again squashing the whole market.

volume increasing in an accumulating market is a good thing, imo. trading is very subjective, so you don’t need to agree. you should sell all your zcash.

I am asking you to provide me some read about it, where the author agrees with you.

1 Like

sure i could dig something up, but i don’t care enough to do so. i’m a dominant trader that’s been successfully trading cryptocurrency since 2011. i’ve seen it all! i’m the author of my own story.

1 Like

somebody is buying every ZEC sold. that’s really all there is to it. coinbase USDC volume has almost doubled since yesterday too.

USD is our least liquid market (easiest to manipulate). with added volume that will hopefully be changing fast. strong/liquid USD pairs is how we decouple from BTC.