Price Speculation

I’am not sure, i’am a bit out of crypto business lately. I checked two other graphs for ZEC hashrate (see screenshots below) and i don’t see the same picture like the one posted in your screenshots.

Here my guesses anyway:

1.) Display/Visualitzation issue of the chart in your or my screenshots?
2.) In case your screenshots/charts are reliable my next bet would go to miners auto switching btw. coins on the equihash algo. At higher difficulty switching to other coins and coming back when difficulty is lower again. The faster block time and i guess, faster recalculation of the difficulty could make this “game” more interesting for miners.
3.) I have to lock it up. But i think at some times chinese electricity prices change up to the season we are in.Can’t remember if there is a difference in day/night electricity prices, but this could be a reason as well.

These are my 3 bets/guesses on what’s going on.

capture_002_12032020_182659

1 Like

I would guess the website started updating data more frequently at that point

1 Like

Yep, it’s obvious from the graph that’s what happened. Network hash rate has always been choppy (slightly more so after Blossom, but well within what the difficulty adjustment algorithm can handle).

3 Likes

Out of curiosity I looked for info on the diff algo for XMR to see how it compares, looks like ZEC is far better at handling wild hashrate changes (20 blocks, compared to 675).

When there is a large and sudden change in hashrate, e.g. due to the April 6th 2018 PoW change, it will therefore take 15+60=75 blocks before the change in hashrate starts to affect the difficulty. The change to difficulty when adjusting to the new hashrate will be gradual, and after 15+60+600=675 blocks the new hashrate will have been fully taken into account by the algorithm.

Source :-

I dont really keep up but is our 24h volume normally 150% of the total marketcap? (Seems high, same for eth)

Regarding the coronavirus or any global pandemic, I am of the mind that this is one situation where digital currencies have an advantage over physical currencies that can be a carrier of viruses. When we experienced a bear market for cryptocurrencies, the stock market was still in a bull market. Now that the stock market has turned very bearish, crypto still experiences a bear market. I dont know that the two are closely correlated. Today coindesk published an article stating that financial institutions had to sell of their crypto investments simply because they needed to meet liquidity requirements. So basically it means that if this was the main cause of the drop this week then it was not because crypto isnt a safe haven asset. Rather, they had a liquidity issue they needed to solve immediately.

1 Like

is there a zec price point where zfund or ecc becomes insolvent?

2 Likes

yes :frowning: hoprfully @joshs can speak to it.)

30 dollars, this is the threshold for all coins to go to expenses, excluding the founders, now below the threshold and there is funding from the runway and as I assume the reduction of development costs .
I’ve been asked about this situation, everyone said no need to think about it, the price is not important and all that, now after downsizing seems to be another story about the need to pass the path and so forth, if this is in the period of six months, that money will not go quite according to my calculations and it makes no sense to wait for the division awards in half because in those conditions the development will have ECC 7% at 25 dollars is about 200 thousand dollars a month, the Fund is 145000 and even taking into account grants will not sum to continue. Now at a price of $ 25 just month get 1 150 000 dollars, only for ECC required amount according to their calculations, but the last time they were saved and therefore will likely be enough and the Fund but not to the founders, dilution was not therefore think that the deficit, it is provided that zec will cost higher than 25,
as I have previously said that price is 10-15 and after the news I think we’ll be there well, or even lower, it is good that the price is not important and people have the opportunity to buy cheap zec, that’s just not these people yet.

1 Like

Hi @mistfpga

Yes, today is painful. But we maintain a cash and coin treasury, and not subject to the volatility of any single day. We also adjust expenses based on trailing averages and what’s been happening on the ground.

Stay safe!

6 Likes

hey gooda to hear. thanks josh

1 Like

Hello, the average monthly price since September 2019 is below 50 dollars, around 47 dollars, what will happen if the price remains below 30 until September 2020, everything will be fine? Alternative funding is currently being considered? This directly affects the future of the project, if there is no alternative funding I will no longer hold coins, I believe not one of me, because everything that is planned for 2020 will not accelerate the adoption of the world in my opinion, if this information is secret, I understand, and then another question - when will the next financial report from the company and news about the work done and plans for 6 months are they from the current date or from the last date of publication of the original development plan(and therefore their implementation namechina to the end of this month)?

Hi Anton1. The transparency report for Q3 will be released this month.

Thanks for the answer

1 Like

Place bids, what will be the lower price? How long will we sit at a price below$ 20? Can we double the cost in November? How much will the maximum price be ?

1. 10-15 dollars
  2. Until the summer of 2020
  3. Yes, the price will at least double
  4. this year I think it will be difficult to get above 50, we will be stable at 30 (but it all depends on the market , I’m still waiting for 120 but not as much as before)

I think 10-15 USD is likely given the present chaos in the world.

…I hear a ghostly panda laughing diabolically…

1 Like

1.) 5 - 10 US$. Having in mind we are only at the beginning of that crisis, especially the USA, my guess is more pesimistic. This crisis will cost a lot of jobs, at least temporary until end of the 3rd quarter of the year.

2.) End of September or October is my guess. Even than i’am not sure people are liquid enough to invest again into crypto enough to compensate for the meanwhile new mined ZEC’s or coins in generally. I think it might be take even longer until things get back to normality pricewise.

3.) I don’t think, see point 2. People won’t have enough liquidity. I even had my doubts even with the inflation rate alone, but now with the global crisis situation i have even more doubts that the price can at least double.

4.) Until end of the year i think it’s best to be prepared for prices in the range of 5 -15 US$. If it’s more, great, but better safe than sorry. I think US$ 50 is pretty unrealistic and everything with 3 digits is pure utopia for 2020.

Just my guess, not calling it a prediction this time as everything in this crisis chaos is pretty out of control.

1 Like

yoooo i called this like a year ago. time to buy all zec you possibly can. This is the greatest gift to humanity.

3 Likes

I am waiting for the transparency report, at these prices there will be no money for salary payments, so everything can change in any direction, for example, the sale of the project, which I spoke about a year ago. There is some misinformation about the good situation in Finance (a message on the forum and on the site where there is a hiring of new employees) I assume that the balance is too small to continue and 20% is 1 million per month which is clearly not enough and there is a reduction in everything including the main projects do not keep up with the schedule,
how many will not be able to fire employees is not known. I will hope that I am wrong and thicken the paint and the current crisis can go to the hands of the cryptos as a whole, the only question is how soon the economies of countries can begin to recover, I’m not talking about the crisis of traditional financial layers, I’m only talking about the slowdown caused by the virus.
Bitcoin this year was supposed to show good dynamics in growth, I think that it will still be starting in the summer, the only question is when the money will go to altcoins and if the team has some real plan for the adoption of zcash then if everything is properly planned it can shoot and take a place in the top 10, if there is no plan, we will only lag behind the others.
I also assume that this year will change the composition of the first 20 coins, the crisis will force you to withdraw projects with large capital and pump up small projects as it was in 2014 and 2017, the coins rasli from which no one expected growth, I hope that zec will shoot just as suspiciously that the first 200 addresses are too passive and the alignment does not change, on the contrary, there is an accumulation, ie despite the depreciation of someone buys, it reminds monero before the pump, or xrp. Therefore, I do not exclude the possibility of a pump without warning, and a situation when the buyer goes for the price and growth, and not Vice versa when the price increases on purchases, where is my 2012 year :slight_smile:

I’am as well pretty sure that the low price currently (or lower prices in future) will cause bigger problems with current Zcash development at the ECC.

Recover? The economies have even not yet been hit but it just begun, expect china. These days with borders closed around the world, shops/markets/whatever been closed for weeks/maybe months and and and the real problem and struggle just begins right now. Until now it was a bit more kindergarten as the biggest economic countries are just now at the begin of the real crisis (USA, UK, France, Germany, Canada, Australia, you name them).
IF the european experts are right the second Corona wave will occur in September. I’am personally as well very confident that China will be hit again/once more by it. Having in mind the unserious approach of the UK, USA and some other countries regarding this crisis things can only get much worse. Hence i’am very pesimistic for the whole 2020 year in all regards, not just crypto. I doubt there will be an economic recovery, or at least soonest after end of 3rd quarter.

To be fair, i think right now it’s nearly impossible to make any plans for more adoption. This chaos and crisis is not good for gaining more market shares and/or get more adoption. There is just no liquidity, leave alone the low interest due other current crisis problems.
Actually, in my opinion, all efford should be go towards minimizing/reducing costs/expenses at the ECC/Foundation for the time the crisis is ongoing. Right now putting money/resources/time into adoption would be a waste of resources only in my opinion, unfortunatly. Something like advertising anti-mosquite sprays in winter in siberia, lol.

A short time pump can always happen, but i doubt that is something anybody should hope or count on. It’s as well not in the favour of the Zcash project if only short and very limited pumps happen.