Price Speculation

Monero has a soft supply cap [1].

[1] A case for using soft total supply. | by John Tromp | Medium

1 Like

Lol that is comical of Fluffy. I wish he would’ve attributed my widely unknown Twitter handle to the least.

First they try to steal our zkp tech and now they’re even stealing our forum contents

https://x.com/NoamChom1984?t=ksZ1zqTA3Q2Pe_xlxQevTQ&s=09

Excellent way to prove my point.

I make a comment about only negative Zcash price news gets reinforced around here. You proceed to reply by moving the goalpost to justify continuing negativity, regardless of any good news, until “arbitrary moving metric is met”

Thereby, in all likelihood, when arbitrary metric is finally met the goalpost will move again to justify more negativity.

7 Likes

I care much less about the price today (I very much want to see it increase over time) than seeing @joshs focus on the economic fundamentals that would drive the price higher. We need less speculation and more focus on economic drivers of value. The things we can control. When the economic drivers show positive growth the ZEC price will follow (and vice versa).

1. Fees - Its not even a question about fees, we need them. What’s the plan? inflationary funded costs ultimately leads to a breach of the 21m cap. $0 fees are negative for the price and value destructive over time. Is it really hard to see that when your costs are around $9 per transaction and you charge $0, the price will suffer? If customers wont pay fees, it only means one thing. We are not creating what they want. This is a valuable tool to let customers help guide development.

2. Transaction Volumes - declining transaction volume trends, are negative for the price. Fortunately we have acknowledge we have a major problem here and are focused on fixing it. @joshs plan looks like the best way to improve transaction volumes by using ZEC as collateral (or gold 3.0) and staking of stablecoins & other assets and also to have a flawless customer experience. When we start to see higher real transaction volumes, that means people are using the products, which is positive for the price. Can you imagine a scenario where a person buys ZEC, then hold ZEC in their wallet while minting their own stablecoins in their own local currency to use for spending? Now the volatility is still t high to do it on a 1:1 basis and there are other supplemental solutions; but that would make ZEC a collateral token in much the same way as BTC was designed for central banks to use in replace of gold.

3. Governance - we need coin weighted voting. One org, one mission, one team. I think the various orgs are a net negative as we sit here today. Conolidating under one umbrella, removing consensus as way to make decisions, most likely is a positive for the price.

If we can fix these 3 basic things, the price will increase. Fees and governance are probably the easiest to fix. My point is why speculate on price when we can control the variables that will drive the price higher? Income has to be greater than costs. Its a simple formula.

I find it very ironic that this thread has by far the most posts; and the threads that are focused on the things the would drive the price higher have much fewer posts. And many people in the community when they do post are for things that have a negative impact on price. A viable fee structure, products focused on increasing transaction volumes, ZEC as collateral, and a well designed coin weighted governance system are what we need to drive the price higher. ZEC is gold 3.0 meant for holding excess earnings over long periods not spending in the short term on necessities. So if we fix, 1, 2,3 and buy and hold, the price is going to increase.

1 Like

I can only Cry Wolf So Many times.

The Electric Coin Company
And
The Zcash Foundation

They’re liquidating more than $500,000 worth of ZEC per month, in spite of having other liquidity options available

In spite of ZEC being valued at All Time Low against Bitcoin, and nearly All Time Low against the Dollar.

This situation is at the point of insanity for us Zcash activists to continue to Believe in the project, when the Two Dominant Organizations are treating the ZEC native coin like it is rotten eggs.

Zcash will only become reputable after these organizations change their behavior. Constant dumping on ZEC holders is a terrible, malicious, unsustainable model.

Particularly when you consider that the Zcash Foundation is sitting on $3,000,000 of Bitcoin

And the Electric Coin Company is sitting on $7,500,000 worth of Agoric BLD tokens.

If the Two organizations for Zcash treat the native coin like Garbage, then how in the World could we ever expect anyone else to regard ZEC any differently?

6 Likes

@joshs already said that he will look into it to sell or stake some of the other assets to get some additional funds without selling more ZEC.

but @Dodger not only said that they will continue to hedge themself with swapping ZEC to BTC, but will also start to sell ZEC for ETH in the future, on top of selling ZEC for USD!

and as a longterm ZEC investor and believer, that is a real shocker to me! because i did not hedge my ZEC with BTC and ETH, but maybe i should consider doing so…

1 Like

why would they do this, makes no sense

1 Like

Zcash (ZEC) Price Prediction for 2024, 2025, and 2026

Given the current market dynamics and the unique positioning of Zcash as a privacy-focused cryptocurrency, let’s explore the potential price trajectory for the next few years.

Price Prediction for 2024
Throughout 2024, Zcash is likely to continue capitalizing on the growing demand for privacy in the digital asset space. As more individuals and institutions seek cryptocurrencies that offer robust privacy features, ZEC could experience a steady increase in both adoption and price. Assuming ongoing development and greater public awareness of privacy issues, ZEC might see its price rising to approximately $60 - $70 by the end of 2024.

Price Prediction for 2025
By 2025, if Zcash remains at the forefront of privacy technology and continues to innovate while possibly expanding its use cases, it could see substantial growth. Factors such as broader market trends, increasing institutional interest in privacy coins, and potential regulatory developments will play significant roles. With these elements in its favor, Zcash’s price could potentially soar to around $90 - $110.

Price Prediction for 2026
Looking further ahead to 2026, the trajectory of Zcash will heavily depend on its ability to maintain relevance in the rapidly evolving crypto space and adapt to any regulatory changes that might impact privacy coins. If Zcash can successfully navigate these challenges and continues to be a leading choice for private transactions, its price could reach new heights. An optimistic yet feasible price range for ZEC in 2026 could be $120 - $150, especially if privacy becomes a more pronounced concern among crypto users.

I consider this prediction to be overly conservative, particularly in light of the numerous technological innovations on the horizon by the team.

1 Like

I think you miss the fact ZEC halving will occur this year. Also, even discounting

ZEC price can reach $100 as long as Zcash network keeps running. Also, have you seen BTC charts? Since when crypto moves predictably with 20-30% increase each year? It will probably be something like 1000%, -50%, 450%

1 Like

The reality, at least the way I see it, is that Zcash will remain a minor project for as long as the general population will give very little importance to privacy. It will take a systemic event to trigger such change. Which will most likely happen in the future, but it seems impossible to predict when with any sort of accuracy.

If that doesn’t sound right to you, think about Bill Gates predicting the Covid pandemic years before it has happened. Honestly, nobody but some in the medical community paid any sort of attention. The equation has now changed.

It may take the implementation of CBDC and several abuses of it before people wake up. Often, something really bad needs to happen before something really good can have any sort of spotlight.

Sorry if that sounds a bit doom & gloomy, that’s just how I have set my expectations with this project. It’s a long road ahead, a worthy one though.

4 Likes

Likely to be this (CBDCs).

Although I don’t think something bad/abuse of it necessarily needs to happen. The concept of CBDCs already have a bad reputation. The anticipation of death is worse than death itself, hopefully this should be enough to get the price moving.

My opinion is there’s a lack of Zcash education/marketing within the crypto community itself. It’s easy to adopt/love/buy/zodl Zcash once you know about it. Hopefully the videos by Zcash Media will trigger more awareness and bring the privacy narrative to the front and centre.

Most likely ZEC won’t reach prior price levels this cycle. In 2017 it reached $360 or so and in 2021 it was about $240. Last halving made no difference in the price, it decreased. Bitcoin and Litecoin halving increases are due to “marketing”, especially Litecoin. It is all psychological, but becoming less so with Bitcoin since supply is starting to become a concern. I am mostly referring to the halvings though the 2016 cycle.

If market makers can increase or decrease the price with “news” whilst taking advantage of it, it will. I think the peak this cycle for ZEC will be around $150 in 2025, but definitely under $200. Hopefully Zcash can avoid blockchain attacks and survive another cycle as it will probably go below $20 in 2026. I sold all of my holdings last cycle, unfortunately a little late, the last of it above $60. I don’t think I will buy any for this cycle as it is getting riskier. Ethereum will break $10k and actually should easily go over $12k and possibly touch $15k and is safer to invest in. Just being honest.

The above is incorrect. ZEC reached around $800 in the 2017-2018 cycle, and in the 2021 cycle it went to $380

1 Like

Price forecasts are useless and unscientific.
We definitely can go sub 10 USD and die slowly or due to a set of unforeseen circumstances (privacy, usage increase… or unknown unknowns) skyrocket to 30K.
These cycle BS or technical analysis with triangles, lines and circles are nice for my 5 yo daughter. She suggests unicorns too.
Humans hope to harness stochasticity.

Disclaimer. I am a physicists working as data scientist with 15+ years of work and mistakes.

3 Likes

its not completely useless, many people work with those lines and rely on them only, completely ignoring fundamentals.
there are different styles and each one of them can be great if it fits the trader personality.

1 Like

Yes, they are astrologists

We’re all entitled to opinions, even us snarky physicists.

Market cycle psychology in crypto is a known phenomena that has yet to be proven wrong. This is largely because Bitcoin continues to lead the sector, and its 4 year halving cycles are designed to drive up the coin price. (which in turn attracts cycles of speculators).

Is every crypto coin in existence guaranteed to gain 2,000% in a few years? Certainly Not. Some will go down terminally (just as some/ many publicly traded companies fade off into oblivion: unable to keep up with the boom & bust cycles)

But is it a guarantee that the entire sector will probably double from here in a few years? Yes.

Boom & Bust market cycles are a guarantee because human nature remains generally constant over time (I’m talking about hundreds of years worth of human interaction with trading/ speculating markets).

Can anyone accurately speculate about the price of ZEC in the next month or two? Probably Not.
Can anyone speculate about the peak price during a wave of thoughtless FOMO buying in 2025? Probably Not.

But using cycle analysis, there is a means to identify where we’re at in a general sense.
(My opinion; we’re (all of crypto) in a mark-up phase, while ZEC remains stuck in accumulation)

And also, note Sex Drugs point. Chart analysis has turned into a self fulfilling prophecy of kinds. The more people who begin to believe in it, the more regularly that chart patterns will form and then manifest price moves based on collective action.

Bullish Crypto cycle theory (example)

1 Like

ZEC is the worst performing asset in all of crypto.

2 Likes

You’re not wrong.