Price Speculation

there will prolly be “sell the news” types, but all new streams of liquidity’s great for zcash. ZEC’s following a normal market cycle (we’re nearing the end of accumulation, and entering recovery. october is bullish, imo) side note - has bitthumb been confirmed?

1 Like

Zcash was listed on it at 18:00 KST. Around 4 hours ago. Coinlink, another korean exchange will list Zcash tomorrow.

4 Likes

huge news!

amazing - made it to the front page of r/ cryptocurrency, and there’s not a bunch of lousy XMR comments!

7 Likes

Positive news for ZCash. Other cryptos which were added to Bithumb enjoyed a nice increase in value.

2 Likes

Hi there! :slight_smile:
I’m new, but I’ve followed this thread every day since june.
So you don’t know me but I know you :smile:

I finished my registration to let you know:

Bithumb listing is definitly confirmed.
But its not listed. The deposit adress was implemented today, zec get listed on 1st of octobre

You can read this here:
https://www.bithumb.com/event/e20170923_ZEC_open?v=pc

Sorry for my bad english.
Have a nice day guys :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Looks like the miners are all jumping on board now that the news is spreading like wildfire. Difficulty has shot up in the last couple of hours on flypool. I was doing 520 shares at 3:45 CDT this morning. Now I’m at 296 with the same hash rate. Not good if you ask me. Checked all my rigs and I am running at full speed. Just need to wait it out I guess and see.

I’m hoping the price hike along with the difficulty hike will scare off the miners and even things out in the next few days.

1 Like

Damn, according to FlyPool’s stats, the network hash rate went up 30+ million “average” hash rate over night. Went to bed with rate at 350 million, now at 380+. Less than 2 weeks ago we were hovering at 280ish. And my accepted shares dropped by 40%. Sad day for the small miner who had hoped to get a few more ZEC before "going to the moon:. :frowning:

3 Likes

well difficulty jumped almost on 9 million but then dropped to 6 M afterwords

1 Like

This.

I don’t really know if this situation is going to change in middle-term, but if it goes a lot harder… pf

1 Like

do you see also on flypool that your statistics load more frequently? as for me i has been getting status (shares) updates every aprox 15-20 min now it is like 8-10 causing to show less shares but showing them at twice speed

1 Like

Between 0345 CDT and 0437CDT I had no accepted shares. Now my shares are being accepted in less than 10 minutes at a lower rate. My rigs are running full steam. As long as my immature balance doesn’t fall for the moment I will be good. I had an issue with one my rigs yesterday and now I have to wait 48 hours for my stats on Flypool to even out. Bad thing is I have to replace the power supply on the rig that went down yesterday. So I won’t know if mining is even worth it until the weekend.

1 Like

what you mean with “went down” ?
just one experience of mine , had one gpu crashing(miner and driver as well), causing system to restart /freezes the cause has been the risers usb cable (replaced the riser as well)

1 Like

My rig went down because of the power supply. I have cheap Raidmax power supplies and have been slowly replacing them with Thermaltake power supplies. My final rig will be replaced tonight. At this point I’m running full steam and not making any head ways. I was doing around 600 shares last night. Now I’m doing half that. On top of that I have one more card on the way and one at the manufacturer for a warranty replacement.

2 Likes

@garcher @koso16 I started a thread in Mining to talk about a similar anomaly with share production.

Did that 50% spike in difficulty destabilize something? I could see a temporary decrease in shares produced due to a spike, but it doesn’t seem to me that there’s a clear explanation for the seemingly sustained share production drop of this magnitude.

1 Like

What is it called? I would like to see how others are weighing in.

1 Like
1 Like

I mine on flypool and also see that the updates are coming faster. I think this explains why the shares are lower. My Estimated Earnings under the “Payouts/Rounds” tab are still about the same as expected.

Back OT: I am encouraged by the Bithumb news :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good point that I dont buy by 300+ in this panic.
At the moment we returned to point that was when I went to bed.
So it was 295, now it is 300-305. Good that I’m miner and I sold some last coins by 394. Now at this point I will rebuy a little bit more, but still waiting to drop lower. Probably 250… @kek, please, tell us your mind about it again, I want to read your answers about that situation every hour :smiley: (if it is possible) as I said before, you always give a good advices or “food for the mind”.

3 Likes

Hello to all friends from Turkey. Finally after mounths ZEC’s price moved up. Some people thinks that this is a pump/dump operation, acording to the others it’s an answer for a good news (Bithumb). Of course there are different ideas about it. Is this a natural increase or an unlikely pump/dump, I have no idea at all. I’m a miner of ZEC. And I collect ZEC happly. I keep going to mine it in future. But what will happen now. I sold some of my ZECs for 0,1 BTC. And I bought it again for 0,075. Now it’s 0,072 on Bittrex. Did I make wrong
I’m not sure. Would you tell me your oppinions please. Regards,

1 Like

“In order to provide a more efficient mining experience we have increased the default share difficult on the #Zcash pool to 16000”

Thats why shares are now 2 times less

2 Likes