Price Speculation

no one said this… you derived this out of thin air… I simply said it would fix the situation… is this not a thread for a topic… must I ask permission to state an opinion or even logical ideas? I mean jeesh… no one said it lives to serve you… or me or anyone… you put those words out there… not me!

I had a $400 dollar electric bill last month for 3 rigs running at about 7000 sol. That was because my air conditioner was running 12 hours a day to keep everything cool. Even if the difficulty doesn’t correct, I will still profit by not having to pay a gas bill and having a lower electric bill. Each rig consumes a few dollars a week. 1 ZEC a month at the current market rate is more than enough to cover those bills.

I see the price is starting to drop. Miners will start to follow in the next 48-72 hours.

understandable… I have a portable A/C cooling the room… blowing frigid air on the rigs… but its a small portable unit. a couple 10w clamp on fans … and thats it… but my rigs are all 1080tis and 1070s… they are a bit more on the power hungry side…

I’m mostly 1070s and a few 1080s. I have a mix of 1060s and one 1050 ti. My power usage on the rigs is minimal. I pay .09 kwh in electricity. What manufacturer are you using?

Time keeps on slippin into the future, obsolescence is inevitable, im facing it too soon with my rig

That ac is a killer, had to build an open air case because of heat, worked like a charm

You need to get rid of that AC unit. It probably consumes more power than your rig. So, you are essentially running 2 rigs for the production output of a single rig. You should go with either air cooling or evaporative cooling.

1 Like

I think that I could “explain” what happened with the mining difficulty thing…

Since the price rised, more people engaged to mine ZEC, so difficulty rised, which means you’re basically mining less ZEC coins/minute/month/whatever.

If the price keeps at the top and the people stills mining, that would be “balanced”. The thing is that if the price goes down and the “new” miners still mining there with you, difficulty will stay steady, meaning you’re basically mining less ZEC/month.

This got mixed with Flypool modifying something like “the refresh rate”. I can see that we all now “report” valid shares more often, which means they are shown as “less”. The important thing is ZEC/day/month/year.

So…hope some of those newcomers go mining other coins so the difficulty drops and I can make more coins again :smiley:

2 Likes

I am sorry but why does mining keep getting discussed in a price speculation topic?
I am a miner myself but all these posts are kind off irrelevant.

1 Like

I have an open air rig. Problem is I spray foamed the whole house. The heat has no where to go.

You’re right. I thought the same but obviously, reaching the highest price of the coin in so little time affected considerably to mining and people started shooting to the sky due to all that difficulty rising and so on…

Just wanted to try to explain things as I understood them, but yes, there is an specific thread for that.

2 Likes

evil grin

Do I gotta pay to read this ^?

Aye; pay-walled :scream::cold_sweat::scream::cold_sweat:

@kek A summary for us poor, cheap blokes…onegaishimasu!!!

1 Like

So Zcash is listed on cex.io, Is this why it’s back at 300+?

https://cex.io/zec-usd

2 Likes

3 Likes

This price rise was a joke, the only thing it brought in was more greedy miners that don’t care about supporting the ZEC network, they’re here because people are chilling the price rise. “ZEC to the moon”, give me a break, get real, ZEC needs to go back to 200 and only rise when there’s significant development news.

4 Likes

thank you for your super insightful post! is this horseshoe’s new account? if you want to be taken seriously; you should post a chart, and explain your view. have a feeling you have no idea what you’re talking about.

5 Likes

One way price can increase is to have an in depth evaluation about why Zcash is better than Monero. People trust monero more because they use tweets from one team member about how Zcash can be traced. Thus rendering it useless. Now I support Zcash obviously. But how can we use facts, not opinions, to prove that Zcash is better. I know half the responses are going to be monero sucks blah blah. I want facts. I want to show people that Zcash is better. Aka here are monero’s weaknesses and here is what Zcash can do to overcome those weakenesses and more.