Radical “to the moon” thread

i moved some of my bags from exch to wallets.) also noticed activity via sci-fi over z2z memos, and once again realized, damn, could be cool, zcash has/had so much room to grow. why dev was so slow… so many opportunity windows were wasted…

2 Likes

“Merchants want privacy
Spalding noted that it’s not enough for Flexa to provide functional payment rails: merchants also don’t want to reveal details about their businesses to competitors.”

7 Likes

The business case for privacy is very strong, that’ll be something to emphasize in outreach once we have shielded on mobile.

5 Likes

I would say that for financial blockhains privacy should be mandatory. Transparent blockhains should be reserved for assets that need to be verifiable by the public. Real estate and land books would be perfect for transparent blockhains.

Legacy banking system is private by default for a reason.

A malicious person could potentially frequent expensive shops, wait for a transaction from an address with a lot of value in them, identify the person paying at the register and physically assault them to gain access to the private keys.

4 Likes

I’m going to take this as a good omen…

The CoinLib app has been showing me ads for Papa Johns Pizza all week.

4 Likes

thinking for now on - bearish negativity will be flagged as “off topic” in the wen mewn thread. we should try to keep at least one positive thread on the forum.

being said, zcash fundamentals are looking nice! thinking we’re probably pretty close to completing downside price discovery with both ZEC/USD, and ZEC/BTC. next couple months ZEC exchange rates should be looking much better.

2 Likes

i really think this is cool. like how it demonstrates how zcashers can securely communicate with other twitter accounts via ZEC. wonder if we can figure out a way to “gamify” this. https://twitter.com/zooko/status/1164777578684547072

3 Likes

I’d say we’re looking good, looking for a nice double bottom here.

still looking for structure in the ZEC/BTC markets. Theres some bullish divergence on the daily RSI indicator

3 Likes

Maybe an app… as in ‘Wazzup’ ? Remember those ads? Think it was car insurance.

1 Like

nice tweet grayscale! this could indicate grayscale’s done with accumulation!

2 Likes

All in ZEC today. Wish me luck.

5 Likes

a very good price to buy ZEC, imo. you’ll be looking real good here soon!

1 Like

Another ‘first’ for Americas space program!

(should’ve used z2z)

1 Like

all-in is a reckless decision, even if price vs btc seems to settle at atl. give a try or accum a bit - why not. all in… many all-in frontrunners got burned hard by today. and are venting mostly undeserved hate on zec over social interwebs. wait for it to mature, recover, resolve some part of fud and drama - then maybe park some significant, at your scale, wealth here.

1 Like

I am not a space criminal! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I prepared enough money for survival for next 5 years. And I thought about worst case (ZEC to 0). But it’s only chance can make me a millionaire. We live only once, haha

Does anybody know how much zec is lost/locked forever in wallets like bitcoin? Maybe somebody has done some research…

here’s a new service with not bad metrics. i had no time to test it personally on how accurate their measurements are, but at a glance looks valid:
https://app.intotheblock.com/coin/ZEC?group=all&chart=all

btw going through all the charts and numbers picture becomes kinda strange… who are all those people and why only 1.5 souls alive here and on zec reddit…

p.s. take all such metrics just for eduacional purposes and with a grain of salt. many completely vapor tokens look much more pretty then zcash based on breakeven price and various holding/transaction metrics. keep in mind that addresses, transactions, avg holding times etc, and especially market charts, can be cooked to any extent for easily printable tokens and coins with full control of supply.

1 Like

No, not really
Obviously you can see transparent amounts (and those that never move), from that you can deduce how much is in sapling total and the turnstile enables you to see how much accumulatively is in sprout still but you cannot determine which shielded accounts are still active or not, z2z txs happen and thats all we know

Heres active transparent accounts, one could only imagine that the least active are towards the end and there appears to be about 3.6 million

https://explorer.zcha.in/statistics/usage

1 Like