Radical “to the moon” thread

This is just weak marketing, IMO. A good marketing department (whatever that looks like for Zcash) is a proactive one. Whatever articles are coming out talking about regulatory issues wrt Zcash (and other private coins), should have somebody reaching out and giving an official statement to said publication. Can’t expect people to be curious and then Google it — normies are generally lazy and will just take something they hear at face value. But if they do Google it, ensure that those articles that have been incorrectly written, are updated appropriately.

Look @ the XMR community on 4chan (biz). Every time you bring up Zcash, you’ll face countless retorts of outdated fud. Why? It’s an educational/marketing problem. Some of them are stubborn and don’t agree with the founders fund, trusted setup, etc etc. ECC or someone related to Zcash (there’s so many committees so I really don’t even know wtf to reference here), should have talking points to dispel the fud, because it drives a lot of people away from Zcash, even if it’s not true (or is it? Prove me wrong). Do you know how many times the Zooko back door tweet comes up? Every person that sees that without context is a potential new Monero user.

Someone in another thread suggested making tmek some sort of ambassador. I think that’s a great idea. Crypto Twitter personalities can pull a lot of weight. Go where the discussion for crypto is and then advertise/promote.

I’ve got lots of ideas, but I just have to rant, because it’s embarrassing to see how something with such good tech is riddled with all this infighting and committee obfuscation.

You can’t rely on the community to do everything. Gotta have a leader to step up and lead.

10 Likes