Radical “to the moon” thread

Pos for a sustainable furture, a headline to an article I couldn’t bring myself to read though I assume implies that changing the software will dissuade using well established methods of energy production, is complete hogwaller. PoW (or the idea anyways) keeps pressure on big energy to clean up it’s act. The miners’ total electrical consumption is distributed enough that, though they might constitute a larger customer for a particular grid, the effect of losing them would be equally distributed and eventually lost in the increasing worldwide demand and does nothing for the actual problem of dirty energy production but ya know its the ‘thing’ right now. It’d help the mint distribution and make passive income easier for the less equipped but then how big are the security tradeoffs, the pre-existing, growable whale power (which is like mining power but only requires money and not resources and space) and y’all would certainly want it shielded however that would work and then at most we could self-proclaim to have somewhat washed our hands of involvement in the greenhouse effect lol and hope for the best. I last suggested a decoupled hybrid ‘style’ pow-por/pos model on the ‘bitcoin is the new gold’ so please post any thoughts over there or here whatevs.
(And if I’m wrong and miners do constitute the majority of electrical consumers in the world then it is surely they who afford a large portion to development of sustainable methods such as these offshore windfarms and the like and not us microentities who ask for no less while also advocating they recieve vastly diminished funding but divvy it out to ourselves)

1 Like