Radical “to the moon” thread

In your opinion, talking about problems is not constructive, I indicate the problems that exist, I indicate the result before it occurs, so that the participants can take either side. But your message is devoid of any sense, because there were forum members who all the time wrote positive moments and they are no longer there, and why yes because they came to the point where they began to understand that their campaigning is nothing more than a deception. Sit and wait, who’s stopping you, soon zcash will be the world’s reserve currency, the main thing is to wait to tell me how wrong I was, okay?

No that’s not the point. But, firstly, I think you are wrong in your predictions since you don’t compare Zcash with other currencies at the same market cap/other privacy coins.

Secondly, one of the largest problems as I see it is the absence of marketing, the scientific aura surrounding Zcash (where one sometimes get the feeling that the team works for the development of cryptocurrency in a scientific sense rather than for the price of Zcash). But this can change, start by hiring some promoters for example, build some momentum.

The thing is that there are few “objective” reasons for the slow growth of Zcash. The need for privacy will increase and Zcash is the best privacy coin from an objective point of view. I get it that people with autistic tendencies are drawn to Zcash (myself included) but it could be a good idea to attract people who are more into marketing.

1. I’m not mistaken because everything I said has already come true, but what I described as a problem is not yet, but I indicated how it will end. 2) In a growing market, we are falling, do you understand that when everything falls, zec will also fall, or am I mistaken and we will grow against the destruction of everything? What will happen after zec stays at the bottom, say at the level of 15 dollars, it won’t cost so much for the second time, but how can this be guaranteed? 3) You wrote that the problem with zcash is that it is less user-friendly, do you realize what you wrote yourself? A project that is sponsored, has a development team and is less convenient than a project that does not have all this, and in your opinion, is this normal development?
    Tyler winklevoss wrote that zcash is the most underestimated cryptocurrency, you naturally understand this statement as zec that has huge potential, and I understand that the team whose responsibilities include the development of the project, increasing its popularity and prestige did not cope with their work at the moment, we can say about zec that he is underestimated. 4) On coinmarketcap in the rating section there is a report from SIMETRI Zcash Report Highlights Zcash is having a hard time creating the necessary network effects to satisfy its purpose The competition is evolving while the project is falling behind its rivals From a technological standpoint, Zcash is a healthy, developing project With the upcoming November halving project is changing its funding model Upgrades planned for this year might have a speculative short-term effect on ZEC prices Despite the positive developments in the crypto market this year, Zcash still remains a project that focuses more on R&D than real-world application. Although the project clearly has robust technology and a strong team with funding, the widespread adoption of ZEC is still distant.
    I admit that there is a person behind zcash who plays a certain scenario, and zcash will cost so much that the development and development of the project would continue and conditions in the world would be created for the project to become popular, or, after all, I was right in my fears.
    What development criterion in zcash is important for you so that you can analyze and say the project is developing or not?
1 Like

Technical: 1) Remove need for trusted setup, 2) make counterfeit impossible/detectable for Zadresses, 3) depricate t-adresses in the future.

Third party: z-adress support for multi-coin wallets (for example Exodus).

Promotion: 1) The team need another marketing strategy. The purely “academic” strategy is not the way to go. I admit that I got hooked due to that strategy, but I belong to a small minority with lots of scientific interests. 2) More positive energy in the community. Yes this may be hard when price is lagging, but for what objective reason? Is Zcash worse than Dogecoin for example? No it’s much better. In fact when crypto become mainstream there will be a large need for privacy. And the privacy of Monero is not good enough.

6 Likes

Thanks, I couldn’t be happier than I’m now because I converted all my 100 ZEC to ETH yesterday and BOOM huge profit in just one day, feels good. Good luck everyone.

4 Likes

That does not appear to be possible given the current state-of-the-art.The best solution at this point seems to be a periodic “migrate via a turnstile and then deprecate” cycle, where users migrate to a new pool via a turnstile and then the old pool is deprecated. So the counterfeiting can’t be detected in the old pool, but at least it will be prevented from carrying over to the new pool.

When this is done then we’ll talk. And now, in the current state of affairs and when no one is going to do this, I will continue to point out these shortcomings, did you write problems because you are pessimistic or because you see this as problems of adoption and the development of popularity? When the community or proponents will be more demanding in their approach to the work of teams, then the teams will probably do what they need and not as they do now, you understand what you described is not being done at all, in these areas there is zero progress! And to sit and wait means to lag behind and believe it or want to check, but with the current progress there will be problems in financing, and then what do you say?
And of course, delisting from the exchanges will continue because I wrote about it in December, apparently, while I asked the teams’ plan for prevention and silence, everyone is satisfied with this, apparently, which exchange is next (maybe poloniex?)

poloneix is not delisting monero so most likely they won’t delist Zcash.

Exchanges who believe in privacy will show support for Zcash/Monero as long as there is no state issued ban on privacy preserving coins.

Perhaps we will wait and see who is next I made only a guess.

IMO, we shouldn’t worried about exchanges, they will come around when users request for it, fear FOMO (we’re not there yet). Right now, we are listed in lots of exchanges (Zcash launched with a lot of hype)

Not everything, as the users want, can forbid the only way is to become a force to be reckoned with, but we are not there.
Well, they told me that the price was not important, and in 2020 everything revolved around finance, now you say that exchanges are not important, and for all 4 years the team has been talking about success as a representation on leading exchanges, now the list is shrinking, they talk about volume, and I see many addresses that are just fill the volume by transferring the entire amount from address to address here is the largest of them https://zcash.tokenview.com/en/address/t1bNxPnM1cnJprvheGastSKvDM7rVP6NN7i?_ga=2.103758848.1054100283.1608214610-1599806035.1608214610 I suppose storing in a secure pool is also just storage and not using it for its intended purpose, which we can discuss as an achievement, wallets (there are no official ones except Linux), legal protection of which they talk all the time (well, except for approval, I see no protection, tomorrow it is approval canceled and what).
It seems to me that everyone trusts too much unverified arguments, an open attitude towards the community, look at the next branch and you can see that no question has been answered, it may take time to develop a position, but I have been asking such questions for 2 years and not a single answer. 1) Marketing when? - silence, but work was announced for 2020 (you can read on the ECC website in the ALL IN ZCASH section https://electriccoin.co/ru/blog/ecc-all-in-on-zec/ it was said that it was on the third path but in fact they were cutting costs) and https://electriccoin.co/blog/ecc-flight-plan-for-2020/#scalability
I am aware of and always admitted that technically the work is being done ideally or close to that, but this is not enough to conquer the market and users, and nothing has changed for 2 years now, and the situation is getting worse, it’s bad that many do not see this and think that later overnight, the correct assessment of the project by users and regulators will come, this is a work that must go a long way and the results should be clearly traced at every stage, but I do not see results that can be analyzed, everyone is talking about some kind of future that will come sometime later (in 2050, apparently as ZOOKO said)

Zero progress is not really true. Halo 2 for removing trusted setup. I would also have mentioned z-adress for hardware wallets had that not already been accomplished. Anyway as I see it the points I listed is what remains before Zcash is complete. Not that much if you compare with other projects at a much higher market cap, of which many are flawed or redundant at the very outset.

Unfortunatly that’s not how it works or will be. When regulators enforce bans than the wish of a handfull users won’t change much.

Additionally, every delist hits the price of zcash (or the delisted currency in general), this again results in much less funds for the ZF, ECC, grants, whatever. This again leads to less R&D, less staff, less tech, and so on…

This is not about FOMO or FUD, it’s hard, cold, real reality what happens right now and it’s not good for Zcash, the ECC, ZF, teams and especially users and holders.

My guess on the next countries to ban privacy coins: France, Netherlands, Australia, South Korea, Belgium, and maybe even the US which would be catastrophic for a company based in the US.

1 Like

If that’s the case (which i doubt) it would have to be handled in some way. Whatever happened to the cyberpunk ideal? Have a hard time seeing myself in a future where everything is transparent and controlled by an abusive central power. It would furthermore be bad for the economy since black or grey markets are inevitable and important for the functioning of the rest of the system.

I’am all for privacy coins, don’t get me wrong, but they face right now huge problems, obviously. One of the things i always said is bad is that the ECC and ZF are US based instead of being registered in a crypto friendly country and/or being globally spread.
If the US bans or limits and/or forces exchanges to delist privacy coins and Zcash then it’s the worst case scenario for Zcash.

As we are now aware that there is some movement in the US against privacy coins all i’am curious about is what the ECC/ZF is doing to counter it, only this matters at the moment in my opinion.

5 Likes

They are doing a lot and cannot disclose everything to the public. Nature of regulatory works.

I will not worry about the exchanges or what other projects do. Adoption will come eventually as long as Zcash keeps producing blocks and we keep striving to make sure that shielded Zcash has the best crypto UX.

1 Like

Seriously? No exchanges, no liquidity, easy formula all over. I would worry for the sack of Zcash being able to continue work and tech.

1 Like

Hopefully, DEX will slowly take over the central exchanges. On a side note, I’ve been using Waves platform with good success. I was expecting a buggy and slow process, but I think I might just shift to that 100%.

also supporting z transactions in and out for zcash now.

I know, it’s an exception, but still, it is encouraging.

About the technical aspects, I wrote that everything is fine there, zero progress in your Promotion point.

1 Like

I agree that if work is being done, then it is secret, but it is important to give people an idea that this work is being done, I asked directly and received nothing in response, we can conclude that the work is not being done at all, you believe in nothing, just yours guess that there is something, and what will you say when it turns out that nothing was done and the team just waited as long as possible to get paid, because they receive money not for work but on time? Is it strange your statement that you shouldn’t worry about exchanges and prices when you believe that acceptance will happen anyway, don’t you think that these are exclusionary rules? Why is there no response from any organization responsible for Zcash?
Where are the plans for work in 2021? Where are the milestones for the community (there is only a network update, but that alone is not enough to achieve the goal). I just ask questions that I don’t get answers to, and I’m not alone. I understand that I am an irritant, but not because I am, but because I do not receive answers to my questions, and I have to ask them over and over again. There would be a plan, there would be a dignified attitude and people would behave differently and communicate at this time more friendly.

2 Likes