Radical “to the moon” thread

https://www.zfnd.org/blog/welcome-alfredo
:wave:

7 Likes

is anyone here thinking of depositing all their ZEC into gemini to use their new earn program? it says 2.25% APR on ZEC and you can withdraw it anytime if you need it back. I guess this provides the reserves needed to do more lending if enough users adopt it. I am considering it. As the price increases the 2.25% return may become very profitable.

Update: I read the terms and these are unsecured loans and it states that you are exposing your crypto to risk of partial or total loss from the borrower. Also that the crypto leaves Gemini’s custody. Seems very risky for what could be a very valuable investment.

8 Likes

Very bullish.

1 Like
1 Like

Can you give us cheatsheet? The video is 56:59. Any particular areas we should focus on? :blush:

2 Likes

Well they do mention Zcash though I can’t remember exactly when but a lot of the conversation is pretty relative and I found very interesting.

I don’t know if others outside of ECC do that. We (ECC) do it as we can, especially if we feel like the author is simply misinformed. There are some authors we don’t engage with as they have an agenda and/or use these headlines for click-bait, and they really have no interest in correcting it, especially if it leads to more attention. This happens with even “top tier” crypto pubs.

I would like to see high quality articles and press coverage that supplant and effectively debunk some of the FUD. We do our best on that front, for example: Cypherpunk Zooko Wilcox Aims To Bring Anonymous Zcash To Law-Abiding Masses

I would like to do a few things better including engaging a PR firm to proactively pitch, build a stable of real world case studies and stories, and work with influencers to build them.

I haven’t recently had the budget to hire a good PR firm (there are many, and few that are worth the cost). We are working on some of the other case study work (for example, through Crypto in Context - Electric Coin Company) We are also looking at options to help develop narratives in support of our regulatory work.

ECC is just one voice with a constrained budget and time for this type of work. We need the help and support of others in the community.

17 Likes

Appreciate so many parts of your note. And I understand the ECC does not have unlimited resources to “do everything”. Please know that I will continue to encourage others to invest, use and wave the Zcash flag. Thank you for your efforts Josh :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Awesome to hear. Didn’t mean to rag too hard on the marketing (ok, I kind of did). Just very passionate about seeing Zcash succeed. :beers:

4 Likes

No worries. I’m always willing to listen and take feedback. I love the passion. Cheers!

6 Likes

Unfortunately, we are constantly losing our position in CMC. From the top 15, we were in the top 30, and now we are not even in the top 50. I hope that all teams ( ECC , ZF , ZOMG ) see and realize this. I understand that people like Zooko and all developers working behind Zcash are more interested in technology than the current price of Zcash, but I think 90% of investors are here for the price. 90% of investors, of course, care about the fundamental value of the project, but the price / value is the thing that largely makes them HODL and believe in the project.

Yes, fundamentally we may be one of the best projects … and so what? Are investors happy with this fact? No! Or at least most of them. We can be the best project after the top 500 too …

It is clear that the whole concept is wrong and action must be taken immediately. Show people that you are one of the best teams out there!!! (like Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss say) .

I can’t understand how people like them, people like Vitalik and many others say that you created a product that is, I quote Vitalik. " Moon Math “ ,a product that is amazing and we, all of us actually allow ourselves to lose ground every day. Also, I might not feel very satisfied after working and creating one of the best products out there, but no one appreciates it ( Yes, unfortunately the price and demand show the real result )

If I were the person who created this “Moon Math”, and I see how every day more and more people lose faith and hope in the project, I would not focus only on building a perfect product, but I would also do everything possible to maintain the trust of the people.

Otherwise, as I see, there is a high probability that we have the best team in 10 years with the best product still, but between the top 500-1000 at that time.

With all due respect, Show people that you are the best!!! Show people that our product is one of the best!!! That’s what people like Vitalik say, not someone like me!

Appreciate the work you have put in for this amazing project! Make people know and believe in the project! You deserve it!!!

8 Likes

Why isn’t zcash perceived as private or secure digital gold in same way as Bitcoin is viewed as a gold alternative? It has the hard cap of 21m which should put it in the same class.

It has all the attributes as Bitcoin plus is private and secure at tiny fraction of the price. Does zcash have a identity issue?

1 Like

Someone did not believe that zec will come out of the top 50 in CMC, look carefully! All positive forecasts for the price (250, 500 and above) at the end of the year did not come true, what are we waiting for next? I saw that 2021 is expected to be successful for zec, maybe it will or maybe not, a strong price increase paired with bitcoin over the past period, I think it hints that the price should still go down, enough to grow :slight_smile: I read the last comments from an ECC employee and I understand that the low price limits the development budget, who would have thought ?! And why the budget for PR and promotion of the past years, which was reduced, is not used now, the time seems to be right?
07.02.2021 Zcash came out of the top 50 in CMC, and whoever says that it doesn’t matter, I claim that this is a disaster, and now everything will go downward spiral, less attention, less trust, less price, for bitcoin we are also going to a new minimum price, and it means that at the slightest decrease in the price of bitcoin, the price of zcash will fall down even more rapidly, the lack of interest in promoting the coin with classic and working tools yielded results, and exotic methods do not work as we see over the past 3-4 years, so who did not sell at high prices, hold on , the next window is for sale in 3-4 years. I will no longer follow the project until I see that I was mistaken in its lack of prospects, or I see a sharp increase in prices and entry into the top 20.

2 Likes

I would like to see some ZOMG funds going to a professional PR agency, Zcash needs a louder voice.

2 Likes

It remains to wait for the agency to write an application on this forum?

There is NO hype at all at the moment for privacy coins. NONE! All retail investors now are pumping DEFI coins. They don’t care if a project is a good or bad. As long as is DEFI they buy it.
As i said above, everyone behind Zcash’s development needs to focus on showing everyone that this project has value. If we want to survive , this is a must! We have almost everything ! We have much more than most of the other top 100 coins : Hundreds exhanges, GRAYSCALE ( we are one of the few !!! ) one of the best teams out there and one of the best projects ! We have the support of people with billions of dollars ( like Gemini brothers) and people like Vitalik as i mentioned above.
What is happening right now is something inexplicable!
Against the background of all the above, there is a big problem that needs to be resolved immediately.
There are dozens of youtube channels with people who promote and describe certain projects/coins : mmcrypto, Ivan on tech, altcoin daily, the moon etc etc. Each one of these channels has more than 100,000 views per day. There are millions of people watching them every single day!
Each of them in the last few months has not said a single positive word about Zcash and in general about privacy coins.Most of them think that sooner or later all privacy coins will be removed from the exchanges. People are constantly told that these coins/projects will have very difficult time in the near future. Why no one knows that Zcash is fully compliant with the anti-money laundering and terrorism financing (AML / CFT)? Why no one knows about NYDFS ? Why don’t we explain to all people that it’s not so scary to own Zcash ? Why don’t we talk about it in the media and in the public? Maybe there is some danger of doing it? Until we start explaining to all these people that there is nothing scary about owning Zcash , things will not work out.
Аs I said before, it is very sad to see so many smart people creating such an amazing project, but unfortunately no one appreciates it. Price is going constantly down against BTC , ETH and the rest. People are not informed . We have to inform them !

6 Likes

I think it’s time to pivot from the word “private” to “ secure transactions”. It’s also more aligned with “https”. People don’t understand what privacy means. Tell people why zcash protects them. Differentiate based on security and safety.

4 Likes

I have been talking about marketing for more than 2 years, it does not exist and, apparently, will not be until the money for development runs out. Wait and see.

This is one of the things ZcashZeal will be working to signal boost through our content creation.

5 Likes