Radical “to the moon” thread

https://www.loc.gov/law/help/cryptocurrency/world-survey.php (world CC regulations)
From this, some other interesting stuff on there too
https://www.loc.gov/search/?q=Government+Access+to+Encrypted+Communications&sb=date_desc

Now that we have successfully (well, daily not closed yet) tested the binance Zec/Btc lows from september, I’m ready to start waiting for a big move!

It’s more than tough at the moment and the short/mid future.

It would mean about 5x the current price with about 5-10x higher inflation rate than the coins there (expect Ripple and Stellar which have higher inflations as well). That’s just tough for now.

ZECBTC continues to confidently touch new lows ignoring market noise, only that it is in the opposite direction​:grinning::grinning::crazy_face::crazy_face: someone needs to tell it the race is in the other direction.

not sure i feel comfortable blaming ZEC’s very lackluster performance on ASICs alone. zcash inflation is ridiculous… team zcash built some cool tech, but seemed to ignore ZEC’s economic engine (copy/paste BTC). market makers are just as terrible as the mine+dump crowd. mixture of M&D miners, asian exchanges reporting fake volume, and market maker games are creating an “infinite” loop of bag holders.

notice how dash pumped to $80 range, whilst zcash pumped to $50 range? that’s the difference between good MM, and shitty MMs. ZEC’s MM decided to halt zcash in a perilous range that will spook traders.

2 Likes

almost Q2 2019, and zcash has never pumped independent of bitcoin (2016 doesn’t count due to mining slow start). might be the 1st time in history an alt never pumped independent of bitcoin for this long of a timeframe.

2 Likes

with all that being said - zcash has been able to defend that perilous $50 range for a minute. we continue to defend we’ll be in okay shape.

2 Likes

The Sprout vulnerability was discovered by Ariel four months before Zcon and the fix required Sapling. Knowledge of the bug was restricted to four people and had to stay that way for months.

IMHO they got their priorities exactly right, killing that bug was far more important than the rise of ASICs.

Anyway, we’re wandering off topic, this is supposed to be the ‘wen moon’ thread…

4 Likes

some

interesting speakers at “ZKProof Standards Workshop” this year

3 Likes

i wanna see zcash stay whole, but if we ever do fork - fork’s name should be zerocash. i personally prefer ‘zerocash’ over ‘zcash’. also, zerocash passes the kek happiness test because it’s only 2 syllables.

1 Like

Is good time to accumulate ZEC now or after fork decision?

don’t think the fork issue will become a thing until mid-2020. still gaming out different scenarios in my head, but here’s a couple immediate thoughts:
(if community cannot agree on keeping ZEC whole)

1. market makers/large traders pump their way out of ZEC long before it does become an issue.
  2. if the new zerocash fork is cool/different (new economic engine, etc) could attract buyers.
    sure i’ll add to this as new thoughts come to me!

We’re forking?? News to me… or is this just speculation?

1 Like

speculation! 20 char

Ok, well, its possible I guess… kinda pointless if all the ECC brainpower stays dedicated to ZEC, the other prong of the fork would prob quickly bleed value back to ZEC. Interesting to time to trade if it happens.

honestly believe we’ll figure out a way to keep the dev team paid. currently thinking there’s maybe a 20% chance we fork.

i’m just going to call it the waterbear wallet since i hate zebras so much.

1 Like

Like the competition idea, great way to bring attention to it, but ‘waterbears’…?

1 Like