Wow. NFT interest much?

9 Likes

Running zcashd gives you a nice way to estimate:
Screenshot_2022-05-13_14-53-25

I said it before and I’ll say it again: Having fun matters

4 Likes

Now you know NFTs on Zcash is going to be HOT

1 Like

There is no context to this graph, what do X and Y represent?

@lawzec told the truth, and they hated them for it.

Give me the hammer :construction_worker_man:

hey, it’s nice to be appreciated. with that sort of appreciation let me spill more:

ive been around long enough to oppose zip 1014 in its entirety, and then try to work within its confines,
and then resign myself to watching optimistically and uncritically. I think everything i said while running for MGRC has proven correct.

i still love the tech. the tech is the best thing about zcash. everything else has a lot to be desired.

I would like to see the foundation wind down and ECC dissolved. The foundation is currently playing defender of the coinholder, but they’ve proven to be less impactful than ECC. Further, bootstrap refuses to provide any documentation of its structure. Everything is in secret. All governance in zcash is soft power, and frankly even its most influential members are starting to recognize this. Bootstrap was never your choice.

As for the community controlled dev fund, i am much more optimistic about the 3rd year than the second, and the second year is going better than the first. There’s some good in this arrangement.

i still think ZEC has a good chance to rise in the ranks moving forward, and will probably do so without effort, but commitments from foundation and ECC to ensure that the block reward is not renewed would be appreciated. maybe 2.5% toward community controlled dev fund is fine, and then ECC can apply for funding from the community. get rid of everything else.

1 Like

Hi.

Appreciate the perspective.

What do you mean when you say that “Bootstrap was never your choice.”?
Why do you believe that the organizations should be wound down or dissolved?

2 Likes

You don’t? You mean these entities should exist in perpetuity after far outliving their purpose? I guess it is the onus of ZEC holders to look after their own interests, not counterparty entities with growing bottom lines. (this conversation has been had too many times.)

1 Like

I wasn’t intending to make an assertion. I’m wondering about yours. So, from your response, you believe that they have outlived their purpose but I don’t really understand why. I may have missed prior conversations on this in the forum. Are you asserting that “we” are not delivering good value for ZEC holders?

1 Like

Sorry for this conversation. I guess every zec holder might determine for themselves whether these entities are providing value, but that’s not my assertion though. My assertion is that these entities control the entire zec project, where in the early days these entities were supposed to remove themselves from privileged position after getting ZEC in flight. ZEC is in flight. It is well past time to wind down, and allow the protocol to stand on its own, rather than serve as non-equity cough financing for ZF and the whatever arrangement under Bootstrap

1 Like

anyway it sure would be nice to have foundational docs and minutes for bootstrap made public, right?

this guy got suspended now… ahah!

bring back kek!

1 Like

Are any wages or compensation paid to Bootstrap the org or Bootstrap stakeholders through the ECC fund(s) (General and Admin for example)? I’m brand new to the existence of Bootstrap in the past week and had no clue that Electric Coin Company is a subsidiary to it. Answers aside this is not the appropriate thread for this conversation.

i think this is the freest place on the forum for general shenanigans. i’ve never felt the banhammer of damocles here, fwiw.

this is how bootstrap should present itself

would still like to see minutes out of both organizations.

you can review tax documents to see salaries.

2 Likes

This last one I find agreeable, banned kek is on discord if you want to talk to him, happy cakeday Lawzec :cake:

1 Like