Radical “to the moon” thread

does anybody else find it annoying when people write “the ECC”, rather than just “ECC”? pretty sure “the” is unnecessary.

2 Likes

Nice surprise - Blossom is already on testnet.

1 Like

On the news with this

4 Likes

I also find that annoying (although not very annoying). More irritating is zCash

4 Likes

you just gave it away.
i stopped using “the” and now I can fake being english in mother tongue, muahauha.

1 Like

It would seem that Austrian citizens want to make cash payments a constitutional right. They dislike credit card payments as they can be tracked and traced. If only there was a far safer and superior method of payment then credit cards that cannot be tracked. Z2Z

https://www.afp.com/en/news/15/austrias-love-cash-poll-campaign-spotlight-doc-1jq3fr1

[Edit by @daira: that URL is now stale but here’s another relevant article: https://www.euractiv.com/section/data-protection/news/debate-rages-in-austria-over-enshrining-use-of-cash-in-the-constitution/ ]

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/minajati/status/1166303489246597121

2 Likes

I sincerely do not understand the purpose of Litecoin. I don’t object to its existence, but if the team is basically just upstreaming changes from BTC… why are people interested?

5 Likes

6 Likes

sincerely? because it is(was) promoted and nicely pumped. because it’s founder is very talented in marketing and price manipulation and sold in 2k17 whole segwit drama with litecoin all the way up. it got some traction and volumes, markets appreciated that. and founder/whales demonstrated good retention technics, it held some price. not permanent decline like zcash. retail people that inflew in cryptocurrency since 2017 give near zero credits for actual usecases. brand, second mover, number goes up, cool story why number goes down, and thats enough. and also because it was positioned as bitcoin friendly. it worked for a long distance.

3 Likes

Always thought of it as a BTC testnet

1 Like

LTC has one of the strangest, uninformed communities. Has anyone heard of Bix Weir? "Litecoin is the Right Coin!" (aka The Litecoin Song) by Bix Weir - YouTube look at Charlie’s face during this

anyone else watching the 1-min ZEC/USD? theres a fight happening

1 Like

glued to our local exch (BTC)

Usually people here panic when the price wobbles & its not very liquid so bargains to be found, but today…huh…must be nap time. Wish they offered ZEC here :frowning:

1 Like

compared to many of cringiest cults of people with very special needs and greeds that are formed of bagholders of different coins and tokens, zcash’ ghost town looks pretty, sane and peaceful. like well cared graveyard of what real purpose cryptocurrency is/could be/may be in post-speculative future.)

3 Likes

Six days ago Coinlib was showing me ads for Papa Johns Pizza.

This morning the ad changed to Papa Johns Pulled Pork (yeugch!!) & the price slides a few hours later.

Gotta be a new indicator :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If this is a ghost town, watch out, you’re being haunted :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Is there even a name for a ghost town that is bustling with ghost activity? Versus a town bereft even of ghosts?

5 Likes

That would be a “Ghost Metropolis”.

2 Likes

println(“Hollow World”)

3 Likes