Bi-weekly updates fresh off the griddle for you!
- Josh provided an update on ZSAs in his blog post about ECC’s progress.
- Josh and Steven provided a timeline and planning update in the latest blog post.
- The total value of the shielded Sapling pool recently reached an all-time high!
- Zcash has been re-listed on Bittrex in the US and globally.
- Nathan chatted with Naomi Brockwell for her new series about privacy coins.
Mark your calendars
- Zooko will join Vitalik Buterin to discuss the future of Web3 at Messari Mainnet on September 21.
- We acquired the electriccoin.com domain and have started redirecting it to electriccoin.co
- Migrated to new Tekton CI system
- Removed legacy homu/buildbot system
- ZIP 239 PR is up for review (Relay of Version 5 Transactions)
Implemented support for ZIP 32 Key derivation
- ZIP 32 is Shielded Hierarchical Deterministic Wallets
- PR is up to further reduce proof size
- Made a number of doc improvements and cleanups (librustzcash#437, zips#556, zips#558, orchard#185)
- Made a few updates to work with the new CI system
- Merged two good community submitted PRs from adityapk00 and porcuquine
- The Team Evolves!
- We are onboarding Carter (Android) and Adam (iOS)
- PR methodology (+Linting) and onboarding docs getting revamped
- Steven teaches Geffen all the scrum master tricks
- CI Integration with the SDK
- Secant Progress
- Deployed to Testflight, initial screens and navigation [DONE]
- Secant designs are gathering feedback (teaser)
- Additional market research underway (shoutout: Elena)
In the news, Ukraine’s Parliament passed a law to legalize cryptocurrency. SEC Chair Gary Gensler spoke to the European Parliament on the topic of crypto regulation. Brian Quintenz, who left the CFTC at the end of August, joins A16z as an adviser. Jane Lippencott, previously at Winklevoss Captial, joined a16z as well. And lastly, Bitcoin is now officially legal currency in El Salvador.
Enjoy the weekend!