Set up your own private stratum pool

my user is user =D

user@ubuntu

No work (((((((( Help me
Thank you for running a Zcash node!
You're helping to strengthen the network and contributing to a social good :slight_smile:

You are currently not mining.
To enable mining, add 'gen=1' to your zcash.conf and restart.

Since starting this node 0 seconds ago:
- You have validated 0 transactions!

Init message:

[Press Ctrl+C to exit] [Set 'showmetrics=0' to hide]
root@ubz:~/ZEC/zcash#
root@ubz:~/ZEC/poolcore/x86_64-Linux# poolrpccmd/poolrpccmd p2p://127.0.0.1:12201 getInfo
Error: connecting error
root@ubz:~/ZEC/poolcore/x86_64-Linux# poolrpccmd/poolrpccmd p2p://127.0.0.1:12201 getBlockTemplate
Error: connecting error
root@ubz:~/ZEC/poolcore/x86_64-Linux#

Anyone know how to setup a pool using a different frontend?

eXtremal put a lot of work into a backend api that you can work with. You can certainly create whatever frontend you like. Just make http calls to the api he built, which is all over the instructions. However I like the minimal angular site he already made.

I have tweaked the backend and made my own api functions as well for www.zogpool.org and www.luckpool.org

I can't really provide you with an answer to your question in a post. It's just general web dev stuff anyway.

Zcash Mining Pool Setup . Help Please! (10 Zcash Prize)

Anyone have any info on the "Blocks not found." statement in the Last Blocks found by Pool tab. Will this be replaced by block info when a block is found or is it a place holder that I need to remove?

Yes ... check zogpool.org or luckpool.org ... i'm still yet to find my first block :slight_smile:

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
AIO_LIBRARY
linked by target "poolrestapi" in directory /home/user/ZEC/poolrestapi/src
CONFIG4CPP_LIBRARY
P2PUTILS_LIBRARY
P2P_LIBRARY
POOLCOMMON_LIBRARY
POOLCORE_LIBRARY

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/user/ZEC/poolrestapi/x86_64-Linux/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

any suggestions ?

I understand that, haven't found a block yet ether. Still trying to figure out how to administrate the pool.I looked at his pool and others and see they have found blocks. Did finding a block make that statement go away?

Where do you change the pool fee? Is there a administration page for the pool?

In file included from /home/user/ZEC/poolcore/src/poolcore/backendData.cpp:2:0:
/home/user/ZEC/poolcore/src/include/poolcore/backendData.h:174:8: error: ‘vector’ in namespace ‘std’ does not name a template type
std::vector info;
^~~~~~
/home/user/ZEC/poolcore/src/poolcore/backendData.cpp: In member function ‘bool shareStats::deserializeValue(const void*, size_t)’:
/home/user/ZEC/poolcore/src/poolcore/backendData.cpp:368:7: error: ‘info’ was not declared in this scope
info.clear();
^~~~
/home/user/ZEC/poolcore/src/poolcore/backendData.cpp: In member function ‘void shareStats::serializeValue(xmstream&) const’:
/home/user/ZEC/poolcore/src/poolcore/backendData.cpp:392:26: error: ‘info’ was not declared in this scope
stream.write(info.size());
^~~~
/home/user/ZEC/poolcore/src/poolcore/backendData.cpp:393:16: error: unable to deduce ‘auto&&’ from ‘info’
for (auto I: info) {
^~~~

I started all over and now get this error
any help?

is user your user name?

Yeap I named it "user"

are you asking about the debug msg? if so, i honestly dont know why is msg is displayed!

its in the zcash.cfg

pool_frontend_zcash {
isMaster = "true";
poolFee = "1";

what OS are you using?

Ubuntu server 16.04 and also 16.10
I can use whatever it needs

Not a debug msg. It is on the pool info page that shows the found blocks. It says Blocks not found. I saw it written out in 1 of the templates I think. Will finding the 1st block replace that statement with block info?

Thanks on the pool fee.

i believe it will :slight_smile:

@mettalmag if you are using 16.04, can you go over the steps again ... and if not a problem ... start it from the beginning

Sure I'll do that again,
Thanks for helping :slight_smile:

Ok, let me point some power at it. See what happens :slight_smile:

Mmm...
I'm having an idea for all our pools.
What do you thing if we add all our minig power to same pool in some kind of rotation to get more chances to find a block???

We are runing how many? 5-6 separate pools with our own hashrate on them.
The idea will be all of us point our miners to 1 pool for lets say... 3-4 days? or 1 week? and then switch to another pool, etc.

What do you think?
Will we get more chances to find a block that way?

Ideas? :smiley: