So Winter is here :D

Hello ladies and gents :wink:
so winter is officially here (in Europe) with snow and cold days coming. Just wondering who of you are using their rigs as a heating alternative?!

I didn’t turn my central heating system on this Winter and do not think i ever will.:laughing::joy:

one 6x RX 470 and one 3x RX 480 rigs are doing the heating task for the whole 62m2 apartment. it is very cosy atm with almost 28-30 degrees in the most of the rooms.

Share your experience :slight_smile: and happy holidays for all

1 Like

My rigs are in Garage, so its alright… Been thinking of putting them in basement

1 Like

I got my rig in my " workshop" room. All the time ive got open window and good temps, but yeah, less for heating :smiley:

1 Like

I learned something new thanks to this thread!

I was going to ask if Winter in Europe starts on a different day than the rest of the world. As I learned in school a couple of decades ago, Winter begins on the Winter solstice, around Dec 21-23. Well, apparently there’s a difference between astronomical seasons, which begin on solstices and equinoxes, and meteorological seasons, which governing bodies have defined as starting on the first of the month in which the solstices and equinoxes occur.

So happy meteorological Winter!

1 Like

:snowman: :computer: :fire:

1 Like

My house is heated by electricity. All heaters turned off, got a good 25c @ 0 degrees outdoor temp. 6 gpus 40-50sqm apartment. When outdoor temp goes up i open the windows a little :wink:

greets from sweden.

1 Like

If only I could distribute the heat… 50 sqm here, 3 rooms. Server room and adjacent kitchen are boiling, and in the living room I’m freezing my toes off…
I don’t feel like installing fans in my hallway oO

1 Like

I started mining bitcoin in april 2013 with one GPU. Soon after I made my first rig with 3 GPUs and by the end of the year I had three rigs. I have never switched on the heating system since then. I live in south Spain in a city near the mountains. It’s cold in the winter with below 0° temperatures and hot in the summer with up to around 40°. I’d like to have a place in the mountains, near the ski station, to keep my mining fresh during summer.

1 Like

Happy meteorological winter to you as well. Cheers.
As for USA northwest is starting to see temps in low 40s F (4.44 C) and should be dropping to low 30s soon (-1.1C). I’ll be mining in a shop so no gains but won’t need to run heat in shop lol

7-GPU (Sapphire RX480) rig running 24/7 is more than enough to heat my 800 sq ft condo. I haven’t turned the heater on at all nor will I need to.

Summer is going to suck though. I’m looking for a new home for these GPUs.