Solo pool needed .......?

Yep, worked without https. What statistics do you use off of it? Do you need any additional reporting/miner health reports?

been awhile since i used his pool but i think you could just see your hashrates?

Is this something you would like now? I could set up something custom tonight. Otherwise I will not have time until the weekend to look at it.

dont do it for me i was just fishing to see if there was interest.

I will poke at it this weekend and see how much time I have.

1 Like

you know there was one thing i liked about solo.ckpool.org if i can remember right you could see your best share as you were mining ive noticed you cant with equihash miners

Hi. Is your pool working already?

Hi dssp,

Yes! The pool is working. We are constantly improving it and adding new features. That’s why we say that we are still in the beta. But our architecture allows us to push updates to the backend without interrupting miners, so it’s safe to mine already today,

Hi, bkolobara

Is there some proof of work? I have only this link http://solorider.io/t1Mrpz3XMHZoCqwtqVJMPoqqiFMAZswsznv and there are no active workers, so I can not estimate how it works.

Thanks

We use this address when renting miners from nicehash for testing. Currently we are not running any tests so no miners are connected. Our user interface is really minimal at this stage. But our frontend has now the highest priority and focus.

We set the difficulty 10000x easier than the actual one. So that each share you submit counts as 0.01% “luck”, what basically means that each 10000 shares or 100% luck you should find a block in a perfect world. And this is the only statistic we expose right now.

Before our official launch we are implementing a 0-trust API, where miners can check that the coinbase provided by the stratum protocol is actually their address removing any need to trust our pool.

And many more things are coming in the near future, like best submitted share and other mentioned in this thread.

any plan on doing solorider.io second pool solo mining for zclassic?

Hi @elguachiiii,

for now we are focusing our efforts to provide the best Zcash mining pool. We don’t want to add new coins until we are completely satisfied with our result. But with Zclassic being so similar to Zcash, we can see it as the first other coin being added to solorider.

Also note that we never officially launched http://solorider.io. Our current users picked it up from this or the bitcointalk thread while we are still in public beta. Congratulations to the finder of the 12197 block this morning. Great luck!

hi @ bkolobara

how many sols/s i need to find 1 block mining at your pool ?
we are group of 20 and we might have 10 to 15 K sol/s

thanks

I’ve seen zcashd report ~20,000,000 sol/s today. Given each block is an independent event, the probability of at least one block is P(b) = 1 - P(no blocks) = 1 - (20MIL - 15K/20MIL) = 1 - 0.99925 = 0.00075

Since we are looking for the first occurrence of success (block found) we can use the geometric series (after some skipped proofs) 1/P(b) = `1/0.00075 = 1333.3333 blocks or about 44 hours assuming a block takes 2 minutes to find.

We have a new pool running in beta as well here zogpool.org:3357 0% fees

Can do privates as well.

There is only 1000K sols on it now so it’s semi private as well while being tested. The webui still needs work so you’ll need to rely on your miner for share reporting. Working on fixing that tomorrow.

Hi @streamview,

voxelot is right, with the current difficulty and 15k sol/s you should be finding a block each 2 days.

We are offering a discounted fee for all miners with more than 5k sol/s (contrary what our, by now outdated, website says). For 15k sol/s we can reduce the fee to 0.9%. Right now we are automatising the fee system. Every time we detect a user with more hashrate we will be adjusting the fee and showing it on the statistics page.

But before we deploy the new changes you can just give us a heads-up at support@solorider.io before you start mining.

Cheers,
Bernard

thanks , @ bkolobara @voxelot
I will point it to the pool this weekend.

solorider.io node down ? no work since hours :frowning:

Hi @Gary,

sorry about the trouble. Zcashd just got stuck and stopped sending new work after block 12890. We are still investigating what happened, but the pool should be working fine now.

It happened in the middle of the night and we didn’t notice it right away. We will put security measures in place to avoid this kind of issues in the future.

Sorry again!

Thank you, but no Jobs again at the Moment :frowning: I will return if the Pool is stable.

cg

I think the issue was related to the keep alive deadlock bug in Zcashd 1.0.2:

Now we updated to 1.0.3 and will continue monitoring it.

As we are still in development some downtime is to be expected. I would suggest you to wait a bit before we announce a stable release. It’s important to us to sort out all this issues and we don’t want to rush it.

Cheers,
Bernard