Solo pool needed .......?

Zogpool found its first block today at about 24 hours into mining with only 5kH/s. That is pretty odds defying.

1 Like

It fills me with joy when I see someone finding a block while solo mining with a low hashrate. The miner of the block 13587 is the new record holder at solorider:

http://solorider.io/t1dWhB9uv38FDPXPd3mKydZ3kfmaa1XEGnG

@bkolobara where does it show the hashrate?

So do these work like ckā€™s Bitcoin pool? You donā€™t get paid until you find a block, but you get the whole block reward?

yes ā€¦post must be 20 long

@Jason-1978 I have disabled the hashrate in the user interface until we improve the way we calculate it. For now the jumping around would be confusing to the users.

@MrJaekin Exactly. This is a recently mined block on the pool:
https://explorer.zcha.in/blocks/000000008883bda200debee7da1d0d03fd09fc646d3a16281d5a072dfb0d3744

6.97 ZEC went directly to the miners address
1.76 ZEC is the founders reward
0.07 ZEC is the pool fee

Hi there,

I am trying your solo pool.
I am mining with Claymore and I have some questions.

1. What means rejected share
  2. What means accepted share

on my miner
Thanks in advance

###1 Rejected share
A rejected share means that your miner sent a share that is not valid anymore or the target is too high. The pool will also report the reason why it was rejected, like low-difficulty or stale-share. Iā€™m not sure if Claymore displays the reason, I never used it.

Here are some scenarios that result in a rejected share:

#####1.1. Stale share
The pool sent you some work, you found a hash below the target set by the pool (10000x easier than the actual target) and you sent it to the pool. In the meantime there was a new block found and when your share arrives it will belong to the previous work. Thatā€™s why the pool will reject it.

#####1.2 High target
The sent share didnā€™t satisfy the required difficulty of the pool when it arrived. This can happen because of an error in your miner. The miner submitted a share thinking that it is correct, but while checking it on the pools side it turned out it is not valid.

During our testing the number of rejected shares was bellow 0.7%. So you should probably see 100x more accepted ones than rejected shares. If you see too many rejected share something is not working correctly.

###2 Accepted share

If you mine at http://solorider.io, an accpeted share is worth 1/10,000th of an actual ā€œblock foundā€. On average you should find a block every 10,000 accepted shares (thatā€™s also when luck will reach 100% in the UI). Because of the variance, your 1st or 2nd or 3rd accepted share could already be bellow the network target and you will mine a block and get the full reward. But, you could also get unlucky and submit 20,000 shares before one of them is bellow the network target.

Thatā€™s why many people like to play the solo mining ā€œlotteryā€. You can get lucky and find a block after a few hours on your own, but if you get unlucky you will have no income for a long long time.

Solo mining is definitely not for everyone.

Thank You very much.
This is a complete answer to my quiestions.
I have asked these quiestion as there were no instruction on mining with Claymore miner and I wanted to be sure that I have connected to the pool and submitting hashes.

Solo mining is a hard lottery but everyone is hoping on luck.

@bkolobara what means: Ignoring non-clean job on your solo-pool?

This is not something exclusive to my pool, itā€™s more related to the miner you are using.

In an ideal world, you would get a job from the pool every time a new block is found. If the network finds a new block the pool sends you a new job building on top of this block.

But! As you also need to include transactions in the block and not all transaction are known upfront, the pool periodically sends new work including newer transactions. And this work can be ignored by your miner. Some miner choose to do so, because it saves a bit of time during context switching to new work.

Solominer will mark this work as ā€œsafe to ignoreā€ and your miner can make a choice if he wants to include new transactions that arrived in the meantime or ignore them to boost performance. If it says ā€œIgnoring non-clean jobā€, your miner choose to ignore them.

Iā€™m actually not sure how much this improves performance, but we let miners choose whatā€™s the best for them.

thanks one other question - is it possible and is it meaningful to point miners to your solo pool with a ~15-30 sol amount hasrate of 2.5 k?

So will my ā€œBlocks Minedā€ Show up as 1 if I hit a block or since this is still a ā€œpoolā€ it wonā€™t show up? Thanks!

@dukemc Iā€™m not sure I got your question. Is the hashrate 15-30 Sol/s or 2.5k Sol/s? It is definitely possible, but I donā€™t thin itā€™s meaningful to solo mine with only 15 Sol/s. With 2.5k Sol/s it could be worth it, but you need to answer this question yourself. The pool should accept all miners, no matter the hashrate or number of miners.

@MrJaekin Yes, It will show up! Itā€™s a pool, but you mine to your address.
You can also see blocks that you find in our user interface at http://solorider.io/[your_zcash_address]. We donā€™t have many statistics, but we show blocks. It looks like this:
http://solorider.io/t1dWhB9uv38FDPXPd3mKydZ3kfmaa1XEGnG

it is 15-30 sol per machine x 200 :slight_smile: accumulate the pool the hashrate from the miners to find a block?

Of course. Each of them hashes individually, but in the end the hashrate is accumulated. You can have 1x4000 Sol/s or 20x200 Sol/s, the chances of finding a block are the same.

A solo pool is perfect for this use case, as it allows you to instruct all miners to mine for yourself. No matter how many you have.

ok thanks will try our luck. Any statistics?

Currently no, but we are rebuilding the user interface and adding the most important statistics. I donā€™t have a date yet when we will release it. We want to get everything right.

@bkolobara Iā€™ve had my 2k Sol/s on your pool for about 14 hours now. Iā€™ve noticed that Iā€™m not submitting any shares. Is that normal?

CORRECTION: Didnā€™t look close enoughā€¦ Does this still look normal? This is about what both my rigs look like.

Following www.zogpool.org i have created a new pool and converted it into a solo 100% reward for finding the block target difficulty pool. I just launched it and youā€™re all welcome to join www.luckpool.org :slight_smile:

connect: luckpool.org:3357

-server location: EU
-no payout fee
-worker UI stats (still improving but works for now)
-all known miners work
-adjustable luck percentage (currently 100% of reward goes to finder)

Best of luck everyone!