Suggested Max temp for GPU mining

What is the safest max GPU temps you use while mining 24\7, To ensure the longevity life of your precious GPUS ?

any Temps under 65c will be Good enough.

1 Like

It’s cold now so my cards are running no more than 65 and 69 is my temp limit.

1 Like

I have my temp limit set to 75C.

1 Like

In general, the cooler you run your cards, the better. I have card fans running at 70% on my GPUs and a box fan pointed on them for forced convection. This keeps me at =<60C. Warmer temperatures, in general, lead to a more rapid accumulation of component/circuit defects (higher random motion of constituent atoms increase the probability of structural changes in the lattice, which leads to physical degradation…but you’d also have a higher probability of onboard data corruption resulting in a GPU crash).

That being said…GPU temperature limits are set with safety margins baked in. If you’re staying in the 70s or lower, chances are good your card will operate through its warranty period at a minimum. Keep in mind that you could always have a substandard card (luck of the draw).

2 Likes

Yea 70’s and below, even at those temps theyre still gonna feel pretty hot, remember 70c is 158f, 80c is 176f, 10c change= 18f change (ish), when cooking chicken minimum safe internal temp is 75c so theoretical you could cook chicken and mine at the same time and on the same device!

Edit- and forget about beef it’s medium rare at 63c!

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong I like my temps as low as possible but with workstation graphics cards I don’t really mind riding in the 70s during the afternoon you know, slows down performance a little bit but saves a huge amount of money in the electric bill without the air conditioner running

1 Like

Thank you for all your inputs.We all aim to make our GPUS last as long as possible in order to reach ROI at least and get profits and this cost us electricity and heat we should consider it .

I can say that 70c to 75c for GPU temp is not bad and the optimal temp is less than 70 c

1 Like