Suprnova's ZCash Pool zec.suprnova.cc

Yes, there are no GPU miners available. I also think str4d miner is the only miner with the stratum spec implemented.

@ocminer :

./src/zcash-miner -stratum=stratum+tcp://zec.suprnova.cc:2142 \
    -username="account.workerUser" -password=pass -printtoconsole -debug

Thanks much. Will try this. Is this faster than the built in miner?

I don’t know, I don’t think so but that’s not very important, in a few weeks opens the mining contest subissions, so we will see more performant miners anyway (CPU & GPU)

I see. Thanks. Will give it a try.

I’ve just tested this on Windows 10 (via the Bash extension, see this thread https://forum.zcashcommunity.com/t/zcashd-and-windows-10/1719/14) and it seems to work fine. Will leave it running for a while to check all ok.

Quick question, does anybody know how to get zcash-miner to run on more than one thread? I’ve just launch a few instances of it to run on more than one thread but wondered if there is an easier way?

TomDDG

genproclimit=number of cores

1 Like

if you talk about standalone miner this is my solution to launch as backgroud proces … to stop kill the pid

./src/zcash-miner -stratum=stratum+tcp://zec.suprnova.cc:2142 -user=user.m1 -password=pass -printtoconsole &
./src/zcash-miner -stratum=stratum+tcp://zec.suprnova.cc:2142 -user=user.m2 -password=pass -printtoconsole &
./src/zcash-miner -stratum=stratum+tcp://zec.suprnova.cc:2142 -user=user.m3 -password=pass -printtoconsole &
./src/zcash-miner -stratum=stratum+tcp://zec.suprnova.cc:2142 -user=user.m4 -password=pass -printtoconsole &

will the stand alone look for a config file?

i don’t think so (I suppose config aims to handle a node not standalone miner) @str4d can confirm?

@ocminer pool will support payment transfer on t_address or z_address?

How will the standalone use genproclimit if there is no config file? Thanks

I think assume 1 per command line lauch

Don’t think genproclimit works for the standalone miner, at least I can’t get it to work.

Anyway I’ve earned, according to Suprnova, just short of 3 coins with 3 instances running in around 2hrs with a bit of down time for testing. No idea if that is good or bad. Running an i7-6700k not overclocked.

-genproclimit does work with the standalone miner in -stratum mode. See zcash-miner -? for all currently-implemented config flags.

You are right, apologies. I was putting it in the zcash.conf like for the main program instead of putting it in the command line. Just tried it and it launches x threads as required.

Not done extensive testing but running with -genproclimit=4 seems slower than running 4 separate instances? Probably need to run it for a lot longer to be sure.

I can’t
see my worker at the pool?

is standalone miner using same miner inside beta1 ? can we consider more or less the same solving performance if compared to beta1?

considering all the different opinion about how to measure performances, how can we interpret this?