Suprnova's ZCash Pool zec.suprnova.cc

I have the 2.9ghz quad code with 460 Radeon . I heard the new version of mac miner can do gpu

Quad-core or not, your CPU will be lucky to break 10 H/s. It’s going consume more power and probably generate more heat than what you’ll make off of it. Your 460 might hit 100 H/s if you’re super lucky and the mining software is optimized. So let’s say you’re super lucky and you’re able to hit 110 H/s. Compare that to most recent GPU’s ADM’s x70’s or x80’s which do 250-300+ H/s or nVidia’s 10x0’s which range from 250-750+ H/s.

Now throw in that network hashrate which is currently sitting at around 235 MH/s (which is 235459528 H/s) and you can quickly see how little you’re going to gain. You’re now losing money yearly depending on the price of your electricity. If you pay 0 for electricity, you’re literally looking at a profit of a whopping $194/year at current hashrate, difficulty and price.

You would be better off buying ZEC directly rather than mining it. Here’s a good ZEC profitability calculator:

Ya definetly i was getting 25 so thought it was pretty good. I just think it’s fun to let it run for a bit. I have a 250gh/s asic miner coming so that will be a beast.

Our electricity is 0.03kw/h

By all means, dip the toes. Have fun with it :slight_smile: There are just too many people who believe they’re going to make boatloads of money CPU mining or mining with hashrates under several hundred. So I just want to make sure you know what you’re getting into and where your expectations should be :slight_smile:

I really appreciate that. If you had 1500 bucks kicking around what would you set up for a rig to mine altcoins .

That’s hard to predict right now because of GPU shortages and inflated prices. Most of nVidia’s offerings are pretty solid for Zcash mining while AMD’s are better suited for ETH mining. Of course, either can be used for both but the mining software has been optimized for each side pretty well.

The 1070’s were good sweet spot a couple of months ago but now they’re pricing is inflated by $50-100 and there were shortages. The 1060’s have seen the same price inflation and shortage. The 1080’s and 1080 Ti’s are really expensive but do give good hashrate. Some examples:

1060’s give around 290-320 H/s
1070’s give around 400-470 H/s
1080’s give around 600-650 H/s
1080 Ti’s give around 700-750 H/s

The higher numbers are from overclocking of course. Stock averages might be a little lower than the lowest number giver or take. I have around 2.1 KH/s and at current rates make around $290/month. As opposed to the $500/month I was making before this last drop in price.

That’s pretty good numbers . Do you have an open mining rig or just a tower running dual cards?

Right now I have 6 cards spread out between 3 towers. I’m just waiting for risers to come. I have an older style mining rig rack that I bought used and the newest tower I built will be disassembled and put into the rack when my risers come. My 3 1070’s will go into it first. I may attempt to add my 2 RX 570’s to the same rig and see if I can get them to play nice all together. :slight_smile:

My goal was to put together an 8x1070 rig but then the prices of the 1070’s started going up. I’m hoping they’ll come down within the next couple of months and I’ll buy some more. If that doesn’t pan out, I’m hoping the mining specific GPU’s might become available to me at a reasonable price :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same, ordered since June 23 from China :neutral_face:

Hi, @ocminer can you help mi with my pin, i lost the number and i cant remeber it?

Click on “Edit Account” and then on “Reset PIN”

1 Like

Thank you ocmine :slight_smile:

Also, @ocminer i’ve been mining some zec on your pool, anonymous mining, and i want to use the same adress but with account and a read on forum that you need to ‘deactivate or something’ to make it possible.
Also i have some small amount of zec and if you could transfer it on my adress i would be very thankful :))
adress; t1cCvKU2XhovfWv8v3X15vhgCbzntn1PxhV

@timchuk - also change your password now :slight_smile:

Hi, noticed some bug. Then I open my earnings on supernova account amount of earnings is not same as what I got in my zec wallet… Also how I can see my history of mining on dashboard? Should I keep always open supernova acc dashboard on my browser?

@ocminer Do you know anything about that?

I really don’t like suprnova pools, here our my reasons:

Hashrate is not accurate. Always, and I mean always, has an average of at least 5% less of actual hashrate I see in my terminal.

Dashboard takes 1 full minute to load and is useful only if you keep it open for a long period of time.

Block Luck is pretty bad: luck percentage is most of the time red (150% >)

Graphs are useless and there is nowhere I can keep track of all my hashrate and shares made.

They have some “special” icons for who donates, and have “click bait” content for these donations making it unclear about how their fee works.
I just requested an usability test on usability hub for this text to prove that many people could understand that they HAVE TO donate at least 1% as paying the fee.

The software is just bad, really slow and not well programmed. (compression of files and transfer rate is pretty good, it’s the execution of the code that is chunky)

“Power by MPOS” (Pools · MPOS/php-mpos Wiki · GitHub)
No serious pools other than suprnova usess this software, just check out who is trying to use it, unprofessionals. I’m not saying it’s not a good or valid software, but for suprnova hashrates (therefore income) I would expect a tailored home made software.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST PPLNS
http://give-me-coins.com/support/faq/what-is-pplns/
I find this article misleading. This is the twitter profile of who wrote it: https://twitter.com/poolxeu, just to give you guys an idea on who’s words we are reading.

Just to break it down:
With PPLNS you get rewards based on X number of shares, instead of any share you participate in. Long story short, the more your loyal to a pool the more rewards you get (“PPLNS favors constant and/or occasional loyal pool members over pool hoppers”). People that mine for a short period of time won’t get full percentage of shares mined, and the remaing percentage get’s shared around the network (loyal miners get this extra reward).

So lets make an example:
USER A and USER B are loyel miners.
USER C is a gamer who has an 1080ti and decides to try out pool mining.

USER C mines for 12 hours and never ever comeback.
Instead of getting 1.50$ worth of zcash (0.008 ZEC) lets say he gets 1.20$ (0.0065 ZEC).

So USER A and USER B receive 0.15$ each as a bonus.
Pool owner income is 1% on the total mined, so if it’s PPLNS or PPS or whatever, pool owners income will never change. Right?

Not so fast, Pool owners mine too, and they mine on their pool.

Implementing this system for fighting against pool hoppers and alt coin hoppers is just a big excuse IMHO.
They advertise they get less income using PPLNS since hoppers don’t find their “pools attractive”, where are the stats to prove this?

Pool hoppers are not good for pool owners and alt hoppers are bad for the coins economy.

Only fact that matters behind PPLNS and statistically proven is:
it take off a percentage from “occasional users”, witch I garantee are many and are growing exponentially, and give it to all the others, loyal users. If pool owner mines in his pool he has an advantage implementing PPLNS, that’s the simple truth. All the rest is just bla bla.

CONCLUSION
suprnova IS NOT A SCAM, IT’S 100% LEGIT AND WORKS FOR MANY.
I personally don’t like the UI and speed response. I’m not against PPLNS, I just think that if someone tells you “I’m using this to make you earn more even though it make me earn less” is pretty non sense. Buying loyalty isn’t really loyallty. I find it much more transparent and clear giving the same possibility to everyone.

1 Like

which pool would you recommend?

I’m pretty satisfied with nanopool, 1% fee, no account registration, simple to configure and start. Payments are regular and Unconfirmed Balance takes less than an hour to arrive. They have a good mobile app, notification of offline machine are quick and effective.

There are many good pools, if I wasn’t satisfied with nanopool i would use flypool (good reviews).