URGENT zcash4win update

If you do your research, you will find that Poloenix has numerous issues with zcash. They’re constantly taking their zcash wallet down for maintenance (especially during massive market movement) and have a history of lagged payments or payments just not happening. This is not new.

You should be directing your toxicity towards Poloenix, not the zcash community.

The issue is not that we don’t believe you. We can clearly see you sent ZEC. The issue is you don’t believe us. This is not a zcash issue. Nor is it a zcash4win issue. This is an issue with Poloenix. That is who you should be speaking to.

Here is my opinion

you need to learn more about the things you deal with, you didn’t know you could see all of your transaction on poloniex until I told you where it was.

From your screenshots, yes your wallet is synced 100%; if you sent it out, it should be there. I would suggest exporting your keys from Zcash4win (for backup) and resync the blockchain.

You are getting angry at the people attempting to assist you, and we are getting frustrated because of that. We didn’t take or have your Zcash, we are trying to help you find it.

For the sake of my sanity and so that my brain doesn’t melt, this will be my last post in this thread.

Good luck

Even if he re-syncs the wallet it’s not going to help. The transaction doesn’t exist on the blockchain. Poloenix is saying they sent it but they either didn’t or something is screwed up on their end.

So it was a complete accident that this transaction had issues right after the old wallet stopped working?
If so, why did all my other withdrawings of Zcash work wich I made just days before this one…?

That’s a good question…for Poloenix.

There is where You are having a problem right away. I understand these things, as anyone who can read what people (read: I) write. Or do you have blurred vision when reading my texts?
“You didn’t know you could see all of your transaction on poloniex until I told you where it was”??? ARE YOU DRUNK?? Meaybe yes to that, but one thing for sure - you are one of those people THINKING you know all and everything in the world the best, and everyone else are ignorants. Let med tell you something (wich you will ignore of course): Do not tell people what they are not saying, and then complain when you make them angry. And could I suggest - Never ever when they (if: maybe Think) they have LOST HARD EARNED MONEY. All this fuzz is now making me stop mining, using, trading or even (digitally) touching Zcash ever again. If you care I don not know. About that I do not.

Merry Christmas

Hes right, that hash doesn’t exist

It was with near full certainty caused of the wallet stopping working. And that was not great stuff.

Logging out.

Merry Christmas…

It doesn’t work that way man

I’ll try this one more time and then I’m out as well.

Here’s how this works (Super basic here):

1. You send ZEC from Poloenix.
  2. Poloenix creates a transaction and sends it to the blockchain with the intended wallet address.
  3. That’s it from Poloenix. They just tell the blockchain where the ZEC is going.

Here’s what happened to you:

1. You sent ZEC from Poloenix.
  2. Poloenix created a transaction but it did not reach the blockchain (for whatever reason).

You’ll note that nowhere is your receiving wallet even mentioned at this point. Because it doesn’t matter whether the wallet is running, not running, existing or non-existent because the transaction never even made it to the blockchain.

If Poloenix had created the transaction properly it would be ON the blockchain for you to retrieve. According to the blockchain that transaction doesn’t even exist. Your wallet has nothing to do with that so early in the process of transactions. You’re mad at the wrong thing here.

That t on the front of your address means transparent means everyone can see it (even if it can’t be read i.e. encrypted), but if it’s not on the Z chain Explorer, it didn’t happen sorry man that’s how public decentralized networks work

@cryptomon @davitat A workaround that I have created is usking the mkdir /d command in command prompt. To move the block chain, just cut and paste the files into the desired area first (I used D:\Coins\ZCash\Blockchain), and then type mkdir /d "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Zcash" "D:\Coins\ZCash\Blockchain". This moves the entire installation that is external to the program, including the blockchain. If you just want the blockchain, or want to move the program too, just alter the first argument to the location of the original folder/file, and the second argument to the new location that the files are stored in. There should be a folder with a blue arrow in the icon, this is a symbolic link, and will be read as if it were in the original source, but will actually be stored elsewhere.

That is a workaround yes, but just fair warning that it can cause issues. Others have tried creating a symbolic link and while it seems to work, other issues arose. So it’s a bit of a “use at your own risk” type of workaround. :slight_smile:

Thanks Immrspy.
And yes I was too thinking in using symbolic links. I’ll get a try next week.

BTW, nekkidtruth, what kind of problems you think can arose?

I posted this a while back on the massive “Zcash4win BETA is out!” thread, but haven’t got a reply yet. No rush, just wanted to follow up.

@anon47418038 What’s the SHA256 of the new version 1.0.12? Or is it signed in some other way that I can verify?

Thanks! And keep up the good work!

“View source” on Zcash4win.com for the hash :slight_smile:

What do I do if I received ZEC while the blockchain was still downloading? Will it be in my account after the blockchain is synced? Thanks

Awesome! Thank you for the stand alone command line windows version !! @anon47418038

It’s there on the blockchain!

1 Like

And here we go again… Win Wallet fucked. Again. One mans work with the wallets. That’s really super great. Really.