Zcash Arborist Calls - Updates

Hi Zcashers & Zodlers,

I wanted to provide an update on the Zcash Arborist Call. The following message will provide some information that affects the calls going forward. Nothing major! Just updating some stuff.

When is the Arborist Call

The Zcash Arborist Call is a bi-weekly call. It is held every other Thursday. The call time alternates between 15:00 UTC and 22:30 UTC. This week’s Arborist Call, January 12th, 2023, will be at 15:00 UTC. The Arborist Call on January 26th, 2023, will be at 22:30 UTC. They will continue to alternate, bi-weekly, between those times.

Registration

I’ve updated the Zcash Arborist Call links and registration. Due to Zoom only allowing for one time slot on its recurring meeting options, I have created two registration links. One for the 15:00 UTC time slot, the other for the 22:30 UTC time slot.

If you’d like to receive email updates and reminders regarding the Arborist Calls, please register for both the 15:00 UTC and 22:30 UTC webinars.

I’m genuinely sorry for the inconvenience here. I’ve documented this internally at ECC so this isn’t something that is changed over the course of 2023. After the registration process is complete, everything should be sorted out from an end-user perspective.

Scheduling

While previous Arborist Calls webinars were held based on UTC hours, the events were scheduled on another time zone. That’s been resolved.

Host

I’m hosting Zcash Arborist Calls for the time being, but would love to hand this responsibility off to a passionate community member! If you are interested in hosting the Arborist Call, you can email me at isagstetter@electriccoin.co or post your interest below.

Thanks again for everyone’s patience. Let me know if you have any questions, concerns or issues with any of the information/processes listed above. I will also publish this information on social media in the coming days.

See you Thursday!

Cheers,
Ian/Janusz

9 Likes

Reminder that today’s Arborist Call is starting in 58 minutes. Register for the 15:00 UTC time slot here: Webinar Registration - Zoom

1 Like

Hi all,

Reminder that this week’s Arborist Call will be Thursday at 22:30 UTC. Here is the registration link for this time slot.

I will send another forum reminder prior to the call starting. Be sure to follow the (at)Zcash twitter account for announcements. Also, we discuss the Zcash Arborist Call related items in the Zcash R&D discord channel.

Let me know if there are any questions!

1 Like

What is the latest on using zcashd’s restoration-from-memonic feature ? :eyes:

1 Like

Its on the desired features for 5.5.0 coming eventually after 5.4.0 which itself is very close

2 Likes

hi! starting in a little under 50 minutes, 22:30 UTC. information here.

Hi all,

Reminder that this week’s Arborist Call is today at 15:00 UTC. Here is the registration link for this time slot.

I will send another forum reminder prior to the call starting. Be sure to follow the (at)Zcash twitter account for announcements. Also, we discuss the Zcash Arborist Call related items in the Zcash R&D discord channel.

Let me know if there are any questions!

2 Likes

Yo!

Reminder that this week’s Arborist call is tomorrow at 22:30 UTC.

Here’s the event information via the ECC website.

Let me know if there’s any questions.

Cheers,
Ian

3 Likes

hi everyone!

reminder today’s arborist call is at 15:00 UTC.

see you there!

2 Likes

Hi everyone, we’ve found a new host for the Arborist call, and hosting permissions have been transferred over. There is no changes needed from anyone who attends the call.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Will you tell us who the new host is or can we start guessing?

2 Likes