Zcash, Mining but no balance yet

Hi, I have followed Mining method as same as mentioned from this site.

Mining started, but no balance reflecting.

How long does it take?

“version” : 1000250,
“protocolversion” : 170002,
“walletversion” : 60000,
“balance” : 0.00000000,
“blocks” : 10015,
“timeoffset” : 0,
“connections” : 0,
“proxy” : “”,
“difficulty” : 298082.50988557,
“testnet” : false,
“keypoololdest” : 1478942945,
“keypoolsize” : 105,
“paytxfee” : 0.00000000,
“relayfee” : 0.00005000,
“errors” : “”

My PC configuration is attached here.

You are solo mining. So you have to gamble somewhat on luck to get a coin. It depends on your overall hashrate. Witch 1000 Sol/s hashing power it takes around 2,5 to 3 weaks with the current difficulty to get some cash.

If you do pool mining, you get reward for each share you commit to the pool.

2 Likes

Use only pools that have a PPLNS payout scheme. The others don’t really give you coins that fast its stupid to mine for a day and be at 0.

1 Like

Thank You AnorakSupra and Montvid,
For pool mining I can continue with same terminal ( Cd Zcash ) or I have to install a new terminal for it?

Your terminal is just a global commandline.

You have to install/use a miner software like Claymores miner, Silentarmy or Optiminer.
Claymore has been the most stable tool as it did not crash my graphic cards once. While Optiminer crashes some cards while mining, and Silentarmy (while still stable) does not offer a high hashrate as the other two.

Here hou can find the miners.

Optiminer

Silentarmy miner

Claymore miner

Just follow the instructions on each Github page on how to use a miner.
Keep in mind that you need a pool where you have to register / set up your wallet.
I use https://zec.suprnova.cc/ but there are a whole bunch out there. Just look in the forums here.

Hey Supra, what is the calculation you are using to determine probability of solo mining a block?

Oh that’s easy to calculate. Just use a recent profit calc.
Have a look at this:

Mining at 1000 Sol/s solo → 1 block every 33 days right now.
On average. You could find a block within 2 minutes, or months.

Or never … ROFL

Or never. But it is said that there were people that won in the lottery. :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Cool thanks. So 1 Sol = 1000 H/s or 1 KH/s? I’ve seen posts that 1 Sol = 1 TH/s? But 1 TH/s blows up the calculator. :slight_smile:

Honestly, I don’t know. xD

Just using the calc.

lol… yeah long shot for sure.

1 Like

1 Sol/s = 1 H/s
1000 H/s = 1KH/s
1000000 = 1MH/s

1 Like

Here’s a link to another post that compared sol/s to TH/s.

In Bitcoin terms the following applies:

1 sol/s = 1 H/s
1000 sol/s = 1 KH/s
1 million sol/s = 1 MH/s
1 billion sol/s = 1 GH/s
1 trillion sol/s = 1 TH/s

So NO, 1 Sol/S does NOT equal 1 TH/s.

The post you read unfortunately used TH/s when it should have used H/s

So when using the calculator posted above, one should enter 1 H/s for 1 Sol/s and not 1000 H/s for 1 Sol/s.

Which would give:
Days to generate one block mining solo: 32253.27 Day(s) (can vary greatly depending on your luck)

1 Like

100 Sol/s
Days to generate one block mining solo: 322.53 Day(s) (can vary greatly depending on your luck)

1000 Sol/s
Days to generate one block mining solo: 32.25 Day(s) (can vary greatly depending on your luck)

1 Like

I’m new to mining … I am using Claymore’s CPU … on Ubuntu … I have used 1,2 and How to Mine Zcash Part 3 - mineZcash …

I have one rig working fine as the CPU pegs to 100% and stays there …

My other rig is setup the same way … but it does not peg the CPU to 100% … I have used the test tool - ./qa/zcash/full-test-suite.sh and have not found any problems.

Is there anything else that I missed, or could test, or show you guys how my rig is setup … ??

Setting the gen=0 will allocate all threads to mining. You can experiment with that setting to get the CPU processing where you want to have it.

I stopped my rig, changed .conf parameter to gen=0 and started the rig again … waited about 10 minutes, the CPU never went above 2% … stopped my rig, changed .conf parameter to gen=1 … and the CPU still does not go above 2%.
Thanks for your help … any other ideas?