Zcash Price Declined

Will the price ever go up from this point? I have 55 zec and I am unsure if I should lose on trade now or wait.

Most think/hope it will, some believe it will keep dropping.
only you can decide if you want to sell (and be a miner) or hold (be an investor) with the hope/belief that it is going to slowly go back up.

Though you have the knowledge that for every +1 or -1 that zec goes up or down, you profit/loss changes $55.00
It also depends on if $1,600 is a lot to you… to me that is 50% of a new mining rig to hash more zec!

If you are in it for the long haul I would hold on to them as I think at some point $30/ZEC will be considered cheap, however that timeframe is at least 1 year+ away. If you need the money sooner I would sell now as I think we will see continued downward pressure on price to the point that mining will be at best break/even or at worse a slight loss. Heck, a potential strategy might even be to sell them now and buy back 60-70 coins later once price is in the low $20 range.

I base this feeling on having been following crypto for the past 5 years and seeing a similar pattern with other coins. Ethereum is a fairly recent example, with the first year after its release it started off strong and declined in price to the point hardly anyone was mining it and the daily breakeven was close to 0 or negative. However, those who kept on mining and held on to their coins soon seen many multitudes of percent profit once the price recovered and soared to new highs.

I believe ZCash will follow a similar pattern, the big unknown is for how long. It could be a under-performer for up two two years before if catches on, or there is always a possibility it could fail completely.

3 Likes

Agreed. One query, XMR is also claimed to keep secret while transferring funds, what is ZEC more superior than XMR?

guys…what pool is good?flypool or suprnova?

I have a slight preference for Flypool, but I am sure just as many will say the same about Suprnova or any of the other ZEC pools. Try both and see which one you like better.

As far as big differences in income, I think most of them have settled down now and overcame early problems, and it is pretty much down to pool luck (which changes daily) that separates them.

currently 26 usd per zec… so any words mr @GPU_Mining and others?

$10 is a hard limit for any alt.

what is the worst price for btc last time?

anybody selling at these levels will hate themselves by the end of this year.

1 Like

side note - was prolly a bad idea for the ZEC team to pay themselves in ZEC before there’s any real economic activity on this alt network (time will tell). anyways …imo, once we have ZEC–BTC XCAT interoperability every bitcoin in existence should utilize ZEC as a pass through to make sure their BTC is fungible…

3 Likes

another side note - BTC will never activate SEGWIT - mainly because the chinese government won’t allow-it. we will never have fungible BTC - since that would be an actual threat to the communists.

1 Like

side note 3 - dutch government is utilizing bitcoin’s open ledger to track people of interest. only a matter of time before they share their techniques to other law enforcement agencies. USA - postal inspectors are prolly the best at tracking BTC.

1 Like

What’s the relation between segwit and fungibility?

This is something I’d like to read more about. Can you elaborate on this? Or refer to some lectures about this topic.

Don’t believe the hype (says the poet)… Accumulation phase will start at $5-10 and time-to-next-pump will last for much longer than 2017 end.

; ) you honestly believe the people (majority of market cap) that bought in the $40-60 range will allow that? lol! see you at the end of year!

segwit doesn’t do much unto itself, but does enable a few fungibility projects that i really think would work.

XCAT? (ZEC-BTC inoperability) The Near Future of Zcash - Electric Coin Company

you can track development of XCAT here HTLC · Issue #2115 · zcash/zcash · GitHub