Zec.nanopool.org is a Ponzi scheme! ... sort of

i think it is obvious, he took someone elses work and started to charge for it based on his legacy
i like his ETH miner… but im starting to feel like he is a leech
i guess its nice ETh is dying and ZCash has alternatives that are just as good if not better (no winblows)

and I don’t really care where he got, whatever you claim that he did, I care about the result

so then use silent army, it gives a 2.5% better result as its the same hashrate with no fee L:OL
2.5 fee means your mining 9.125 days a year straight to his pocket

if you dont have to… why are you?

cause you dont have to

its like some brainwash

the result I meant is not only a number of hashes, but the whole package and future support.

so you dont think if he is using silent army code, he should not share some of that fee with marc?
nice people do things for free
bad people do things for greed
marc = good
claymore starting to look bad

ETH is not dying, it’s the best performing currency currently

we will see after the next fork… if htey cant fix it too much confidence will be lost… boy can cry wolf only so many times until people stop listening

UPDATE on subj: They just placed 0.0190697733402 ZEC as pending payment and 0.007 is still there.
It’s happening more than 9 hours since I left the pool.

Whatever their payment scheme is - I’m not impressed.

… and I had 0.025+ on the confirmed balance at least an hour before they made the 0.019 payment (see above)

We are working to make payments faster. It’s not easy to continuously send
thousands of transactions, but we have some progress.

the reply I got from nanopool: “mined coins are not available for the next 100 blocks, thats why they are unconfirmed. We’ve improved the payment system, so you should get coins quicker now.

this does not explain why during payouts a substantial part of the “confirmed balance” was not transferred (at least on 3 separate occasions during ~36 hours, accidentally coinciding with ZEC going down from 1.6 to 0.8

Just a random fun fact, he earned about 11BTC in ETH (Today’s exchange rate) on his devfee account.

1 Like

which many of paid into i’m sure
but… at least with his eth miner - it did actually perform better giving higher hashes… and the dev fee was just 1% when mining only eth and 2% dual mining… but… again… for ZCash his dev fee is 2.5% and his miner does not perform better than silentarmy miner… and there is no dual mining… so why charge such a high fee? seems greedy since he hardly worked on it for a week… and it probably uses silentarmy solvers or even parts of the silentarmy miner anyway

SGMiner-gm is better for ETH mining.

There is no reason to use Claymore anything unless you want to dual mine. (He has the monopoly on that, for now.)

1 Like

thanks ill try that out in the future

I was getting 30sols from rx400 card on genoil (@cryptomined - speaking of the same hashrate) and it was extremely unstable. now its 42-50, rigs run 15+ hours with no single reboot. do the math.
also on eth I get 10% better results on claymore and a 2nd coin…also very useful remote manager.+ other features as well

I’ve been 18 hours stable using mrb’s Silent Army miner and getting 48-52 sols/s on RX480s. No reboot. No Windows. No spyware. No forced dev fee.

Guess who made more money?

I love math.

this is really good there’s competition. and open source is the future.
what about power consumption?
this farm of mine is on win infrastructure, and on 28th of July :slight_smile: I’ve upgraded 6 win7 keys I had from my old MSDN subscription to WinX

I have always avoided claymore because I didn’t trust something that diverted mining “somewhere else” for the so-called dev fee. I would love to use silent army but I would need to know how to put it into EthOS because that’s what i’ve gotten used to.
I have been using nanopool since flypool got all unstable on me. I haven’t noticed any payment problems.

I partially agree, it’s painful to see how it says “devfee start” and on the next line is “share submitted” waay to often for it to be random. yet for me it does deliver more than he takes back. and as I said before diversity is good.

EDIT: Could it be that he launches devfee (which works for a proper period as stated, but) when he has a share to submit, thus maximizing his returns… LOL

it was very bad for me with genoil, this is the reason I moved for a while to nanopool.
with claymore I moved back to flypool and the last payment arrived from nanopool 12 hours after I stopped mining.
you can check detailed history above.