[Zero] Updates on ZEC only wallet

Goals here are to have a place to share updates as I venture to create a ZEC only wallet. I know there are many wallets that have been built for Desktop and Mobile. However, I want to try to build something I would like to use and share it here. I will start with research and design into the UX and UI. Then I will dig into the sdk code to understand what I need to know to make it work.

9 Likes

I think the name should be Zero. I choose this name because it reflects what we want to achieve, which is zero data leakage. Blackhole analogy where light has no return. Similar in Zero Knowledge, Zero represents the place of no return. Zero means there is nothing there.

GPT says:

1. Anonymity and Privacy: ZCash is known for its strong focus on privacy and anonymity. The name “Zero” can suggest “zero knowledge,” a type of cryptographic proof that is central to the privacy technology in ZCash.
  2. Origin and Creation: “Zero” can also suggest the concept of starting from nothing or the “genesis block” in blockchain terms.
  3. Simplicity: The name “Zero” is simple and easy to remember. It has a modern, techy feel that could appeal to the crypto community.
6 Likes

Started with the gardening theme and ending with the shield. The theme is still art deco, it has been from the very beginning. I have the app design in my mind but branding is very important and so it goes to show that choosing a logo is as well. Would love feedback from the community to see what direction we should take it. Any ideas are welcome

5 Likes

My favorites:

Screenshot_2023-08-03_23-12-38
Screenshot_2023-08-03_23-12-48
Screenshot_2023-08-03_23-11-54

3 Likes

I love the arcs :heart:. It’s be so radically cool if the arcs could subtly hint at the the number “0”.

Sadly, I am not a fan of all of them. So will release a few more soon.

2 Likes

from here

these patterns seem really nice but not sure of colours exactly. could be bit more vibrant maybe?
the right lower planety ting is fav from these.

Yeah colors will be more vibrant.

Thinking about color to be closer to this. A bit more brighter.
Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 4.47.13 PM

Good effort, but these won’t scale well (resized).

In any case, I like the badge left the most:

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 4.29.32 PM

Can you incorporate the Z into the shield more somehow?

Or maybe a viking shield with like:

Z E R O in all four quadrants? (Probably too much, TBH)

1 Like

Here is a couple more. I really like the shield at the end.

2 Likes

I mean paid inbox should have been done years ago. I really want to get this right. ZEC is like the perfect place to do it. Once it scales a bit more it will be unstoppable. It is so incredible that I cannot hold my excitement.

Does anyone know what is the max char limit for memo?

3 Likes

Do you mean the memo field?
The memo field can be 512 bytes long.

3 Likes

Yeah I meant memo field. Thanks. So 512 characters. So like around one paragraph.

2 Likes

wat if pay more fees write longer memos - like chainlinked memos - ui shows as one long memo

Good point. It really does become like a twitter threads before X

What is everyones favorite messaging app from UX/UI perspective ? Discord, Signal?

1 Like

signal pretty gud. discord more for groups. but discord ui is bit messy imo and not as intuitive.

1 Like

Regarding UX, I honestly wouldn’t focus on those, but on the most used one: WhatsApp

It will be distinct UX/UI, but I think Signal prob has the best one by far.

This is prob close to the final logo. The logo represents the most valuable thing Zcash is trying to protect which is time. It is like a mix between Z and an hour glass. In the end attackers rob your time if transactions are public. There is more to say but I will leave it at that.