Zeropond Cloud Mining

@superma I was specifically referring to the Genesis contracts in my 16x reference which were released prior to these December contracts

@zcash11 We have doubled contract length again and given a free month to Genesis Contract customers, so you get at least 12 months from us. All contracts will run through November 30th, 2017.

Hey there, can you show us pictures of your farm? Would be interesting to see how your setup works.

Edit:
I just saw some pics of the datacenter on your tumblr - Looks great! Will wait for actual shots of the finished rigs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually we are not using Hurricane Electric, which is what you see in the blog. The power in California is very expensive, so when we got a good amount of sales, it became worth it to move to a proper Bitcoin mining facility with cheap power. We will be using Great North Dataā€™s new (second) facility in Labrador City, Canada. See this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1512967.120

We are travelling to Canada on Sunday, and equipment starts arriving next Wednesday. Weā€™ll post some more pics then.

1 Like

@tim_olson What would you say that GND is more cheap with others?

@tim_olson canā€™t wait to see the pics as every thing starts getting put together. Gā€™Luck! Here is to a successful launch :beers:

The recent h/s + length upgrade should now be live on our site. :star: Please let us know if you experience any issues.

just a quick question, will the open source cpu miner influence the cloud mining ļ¼Ÿ

whatā€™s zeropondā€™s strategy for open source miner?

will zeropond try to reduce the price later?

thank you man!

A $3,000 12-core CPU is still slower than our $300 GPU. So no, this does not affect the price.

Tim, did you misread xenon for xeon:-?

Of course the comparison should be against the most cost-efficient intel Core i5 or i7, not against a super-expensive server chip. It probably still doesnā€™t pose a threat to your GPU, but the gap could be rather small, at least until we figure out how to get much more than 30Sol/s out of a GPUā€¦

2 Likes

And how many H/s can be achieved with this xenon on typical i5/i7 ?

~/equihash-xenon/Linux/demo/solver runs in 0.378s on a 4GHz i7,
suggesting a solution rate of 5 Sol/s single threadedā€¦

1 Like

Would be interesting if someone can release a working cpu/gpu zcashminer other the built-in miner and str4d standalone so we can test our system on while on beta.

Has the webiste been updated? I paid 3.21909 BTC, contract length shows 12 months, mining at 21.05 H/S?

IS this with the recent double? I would almost rather have a shorter contract and more mining power.

I have a hard time keep up with with all the changes, forgive me.

This is what scares me about cloud mining. It sounds like an R9 290 will hash 25 H/s. They cost about $200 a piece. I envision the hash rate just burying any hope of making a decent number of coins with less than 100 - 300 H/s.

Buy on dip. Youā€™ll make more in the long run.

Yes thatā€™s the updated rate.

Genesis Mining just DOUBLED again the hashpower today (October 17)! The competition is heating up!.. :imp:

Which Cloud Mining company can offer the best ROI ??? :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar:

1 Like

Is it only for existing contracts? Or can anyone get in on that

Genesis now at 60H/s for 1 year @ $2600.

60H/s equivalent to 2 x RX 480s.
A rig equivalent would cost maybe $600-$700 to build and cost roughly $30/month to runā€¦

Total ~$1000 year 1. ~$360 year 2. And you still own the equipmentā€¦
Depending on what we consider end-of-life and what the actual EOL isā€¦

Maybe my numbers or math is off, but these contracts are making a lot less sense to purchase.
Someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong.