Zeropond Cloud Mining

Hey Tim,
I would like to buy a contract for ZCash Cloud mining but i can’t get to your cloud mining section of your website. I keep getting a time out 504 Bad Gateway. Is this due to the DDOS attacks yesterday? Or is there something on my end i need to do to access that section thanks. Or if anyone else can help, that would be great too!
Thanks

We can’t reproduce your error, and the site looks fine. Would you try again, and let us know via email (info@zeropond.com) if there’s still a problem?

You know what i think it’s because i’m in the US? We can’t buy your cloud mining here? Is that true? If it is can i get a post office box in Grenada or something?? I’d really like to get in on the cloud mining for ZCASH!! ; )

I was looking all morning and finally after 2 hours i saw that and was pretty bummed out…

Post from Toomim Bros cloud mining thread:

Revised benchmark results with no CPU or system memory overclocking – previous benchmark results were from an overclocked system.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K (running @ 3.50 GHz, 4 threads)

Memory: DDR3 (running @ 1600 MHz)

Benchmark duration: 72 Hours

Solutions per second (AVX2):
24.341 (closed source)
21.872 (open source – xenoncat)

Solutions per nonce iteration:

The benchmark was ran on two identical systems; one for each implementation. Block headers and nonce generation were deterministic.

For now, closed source is only 11% faster.

FYI, xenoncat’s AVX implementation – 22 sols/s AMD FX-8350, 8 threads, no overclocking, duration 24 hours.

On one side, looks like this algo really can achieve more egalitarian mining like no other before. On the other side, we are pretty fucked right?

you meant those who bought into cloud stuff right? im glad i avoided all that cause indeed open source basically removed that opporrunity to profit for buyers. the only winners are going to be cloud hashing sellers so good luck with that. i still cant understand why there are still cloud buyers when you can get a lot more hashing power elsewhere dirt cheap. i found a ton but still dont plan to buy cause difficulty and slow start are not going to allow me even pay off the costs.

i think people figured it was zcash so it would be different? ;p

idk, cloud mining is cloud mining ,a “passive income” pipe-dream that sucks in noobs. everytime, everytime…

unfortunately these noobs are going to learn the painful way. here’s some simple math. toomim and other cloud providers are charging around 12-14btc for 100H so with that kind of money i was able to get 3000sol/s or 1500H worth of mining power for one month and if i were to divide over 6 months then i’d have prepaid for 300H a month worth of mining power so go figure. As the proverb says: A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own.

1 Like

I think most people are aware that the current cloud mining market is a very expensive way to mine. Personally I purchased a ‘small’ contract just to guarantee I had some hash power at Genesis launch just in case a stable GPU miner was not publicly available and was fully aware that it most likely was a negative expected value investment or break even-ish.

2 Likes

Another example, if you take the 12 btc figure, or ~$7,800, you can buy around 30 RX470 and supporting hardware for 5 rigs and have even using the current 18 sol/RX470 that the open source miner gets that would be over 540 sols and you own the equipment forever.

Sure you will have electrical costs, but initial results indicate these are only going to draw ~100 watts each, or around 600 watts per rig including the mb, cpu overhead, so even at 10 cent electricity you are looking at only $1.44/day per rig.

I am sure the 18 sols per RX470 will improve over the next days/weeks as well further improving profitability.

5a1t, tim_olson,

guys any comment on fx-8350 20 sol/s and JToomim’s 42sol/s on R290 ?

When do we need to provide our wallet address to Zeropond?

1 Like

This is insane! These contracts are way overpriced. Unfortunately I don’t know how to upkeep my own rig though

@5a1t, @tim_olson any updates regarding the DC? Any updates regarding contract hash rates, which are currently twice as expensive as Genesis and Toomim on the website?

@funkyzebraz The DC is coming along well. We’ve had some issues with particular vendors being wholly incompetent but have managed to work around them. It really is amazing how many things there are to take care of when coordinating mass purchase and delivery of components. Just another couple days of physical labour for Tim and I (and our hired hands). Maybe next time we’ll just buy cloud mining contracts. :smile:

Regarding hash rates, we’re really excited to get back to the grind for software optimizations after buildout. That’s more our expertise, anyways. And, by the way, Toomim’s prices are about the same as ours.

There’s a plethora of information available. Try Bits Be Trippin’ on Youtube.

Or, you can pay a premium for a premium service.

@5a1t thats great to hear. Keep on trucking! Can’t wait to see the amazing pics once everything is ready.

I picked you guys over Toomim because of the clear and transparent way you have approach the whole thing, also as any future sol/s increases due to optimisation are going to be passed onto the customers which I think is the coolest thing a cloud miner has done…ever!

1 Like

The only solution I can think of is that nobody actually buys these contracts but they just post “SOLD OUT IN 5 SECONDS” to create demand.

1 Like

That has not been my experience.

We’ve been too busy to post pics recently, but I took a moment to make another blog post:

zeropond.tumblr.com

2 Likes