Account has insufficient funds

Hi guys,

Wondering if someone can help me understand what i’m doing wrong here. For my game I have a ‘hot wallet’ in which players can auto withdraw funds. I keep a smaller amount in the hot wallet for security reasons. If a player wants to make a larger withdraw I do it manually. In this case a player wanted to withdraw 25ZEC. The hot wallet was a little shy of that amount so I quickly sent 16 coins over from another wallet. The hot wallet shows the new coins and at the time I could see 3 confirmations on the blockchain from that transaction. However, when I go to send 25ZEC from the hot wallet it won’t let me. See below:

nekoz@abcdef:~ zcash-cli getbalance 33.63120186 nekoz@abcdef:~ zcash-cli getunconfirmedbalance
nekoz@abcdef:~$ zcash-cli sendmany “” “{"tasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf":25.00}”
error code: -6
error message:

Seems like maybe I need to wait for more confirmations but wanted to see if anyone had any insights.

Thanks,

Nekoz

exactly

Thanks. Was in a hurry and wasn’t sure. With more time to research I found these:

“Use a minconf of 10 (minimum number of confirmations) to defend against potential blockchain reorganizations (note: we may increase this number if ongoing research reveals notable risks).”

"Let’s just say 6 transactions (15 minutes). "

Ran into this issue again a year later and this post was the first google result I found while trying to resolve it :joy:

Because the issue wasn’t related to confirmations I figured i’d give a quick update in case anyone runs into it in the future.

If you import a private key like this:

./zcash-cli importprivkey Lzzzzzbbbbbbbasdfasdfasdfasdf 'blah' true

and then try to send coins (using sendmany) you will get the error:

error code: -6
error message:

This is apparently because the account feature has been depreciated (in BTC core and Zcash) and sendmany only works with empty account names. So if you import keys like this:

./zcash-cli importprivkey Lzzzzzbbbbbbbasdfasdfasdfasdf '' true

Then you can use sendmany to send coins like this:

./zcash-cli sendmany “” "{“tasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf”:25.00}"

Hope this saves someone some searching down the road :grin:

Also, fwiw, i’m running zcash v1.1.2

3 Likes