Boysie - Rig Setup RX480

Hi All,

currently looking at BIOS setups for the RX480 to see if any thing can be done about the speed/power

It seems speed wise 15SOL/s is about what you are going to get. low Core and Lower mem has little impact on the speed there for the bottle neck is some where else, I believe its the mem bus bandwidth but will leave that explanation for someone else.

So with no perf increase available I looked at power, as little point running these at full power or core/mem speed if there is simply no gain.

The red devils don’t even bother spinning the fans they passively cool them selves with the ref cards only at 800rpm

My Setup for testing this.

Miner: nheqminer_v0.3a
GPU: 2x REF RX480 + 2xRED Devil RX480
BIOS : STOCK
Tools used: WATTTOOL 0.9.2
MOBO: ASROCK H81 BTC
Proc: Intel 2160 i3
SSD/4GBRAM
Drivers - From windows update.

Performance
Speed [300 sec]: 30 I/s, 60 Sols/s (varies but this is approx. avg some times more some times less)

Power
PSU: EVGA 850 P2 @ 230v
@wall Total system 280W (with CPU doing 2 threads and all 4 GPUs)

This is my BAT file:

BAT file contents:
################################################
c:
cd
cd watttool
ping 8.8.8.8
ping 8.8.8.8
start WattTool-0.92.exe GPU0-z.ini
ping 8.8.8.8
start WattTool-0.92.exe GPU1-z.ini
ping 8.8.8.8
start WattTool-0.92.exe GPU2-z.ini
ping 8.8.8.8
start WattTool-0.92.exe GPU3-z.ini
ping 8.8.8.8

cd
cd C:\nheqminer_v0.3a
del *.bin
nheqminer_zcash.exe -l eu -u t1Vc2YbodB6xfwMBqfJh2UU5XkKHihyHpWM -t 2 -od 0 1 2 3
#################################################################

example gpu0.ini fro watttool (red devil)

[General]
NoGUI=1
[Adapter]
Index=0
[GPU]
Mode=Manual
P1_CLK=455
P1_VID=800
P2_CLK=690
P2_VID=800
P3_CLK=815
P3_VID=800
P4_CLK=865
P4_VID=800
P5_CLK=900
P5_VID=800
P6_CLK=935
P6_VID=800
P7_CLK=960
P7_VID=800
[Memory]
Mode=Manual
P1_CLK=1500
P1_VID=800
[Fan]
Mode=Manual
MinRPM=1900
MaxRPM=2100
TargetTemp=80
[Power]
Mode=Manual
MaxTemp=90
PowerTarget=0
[I2C]
LLC=1
PhaseGain=000000
CurrentScale=A0
VoltageOffset=-6

Have fun

Boysie
PS: there is possible more power savings to make but its so low any way.

2 Likes

Boysie, have you gotten paid from nicehash yet?

nope and I cant find my t addr on their stats list…dont think I have run long enough to get paid but was hoping to find it at least on the list, I think the eu server is failing a lot

I’m trying the usa server to see if that’s any better. but I expect they are working on it as its a bit of a mess.

The servers have gone up and down a few times, but they recover. I am a bit concerned because I have earned .3 zec without a payout.

I would be on flypool but I cannot get genoil to work :confused:

indeed same here.

we just need to give him time, he has RL too and he will get to it when it works for him.

until then we are stuck with a poor service from Nh, US server sux also…not sure what they are doing

Already mining for 10 hours and haven’t got a payment yet. Mining with +/- 100 Sols

worked out if you browse https://zcash.nicehash.com/workers with edge the list is incomplete, if you use chrome it works a bit better and mine shows up

Oh, I show up. I have plenty confirmed; just no payout.

whats the min payout?

are you also getting it do this crap?

Hey boysie, I’m getting that crap on 3 of my miners (GPU ones)

CPU miners seem to run cleaner.

Min payout on nicehash pool is .01

Can you suggest clock/vid for 470?
is it safe to run ~ 1000Mhz at 800mv?

sure is, I used to run 470s, with -20% core and 800mv and 1750/800 mem with eth.

undervolting is safe all that will happen is the system will hang if you go to far,

Boysie

Are you the famous boysie who created custom bios for mining?

1 Like

lol its me but not sure I’m famous. :slight_smile:

1 Like

blimey, check out the earning using just 1 rig with these settings:

Yeah. That would be comparable to 600 Mh/s on Ethereum or ETC. I have a nightmare of a time keeping Genoils miner stable but getting around 75 - 80 Sol on two 295x2 - my only windows box.

My bet is on Genoil also. I trust him. He is an honest guy and working hard to get it done as a hobby with no hidden intentions.

cool its already on what to mine!

hey boysie!

the unauthorized worker crap is really annoying… sometimes it works great and sometimes it works like a pile of …

did you see SilentArmy solver???

I did but no idea how to get it into a miner to use it…so until then we are left with nh pile of…

yup, eXTremal seemed to figure it out… miner runs ok in linux… but i did not run it long enough to get to the payment threshold on coins for all

was testing nicehash with the AMD miner, and it was running great at first… then just crapped out on me… was getting a good 115 Sols/s on 6 470’s with YOUR BIOS MOD and a 4790k :stuck_out_tongue:

eXTremals was giving me a good 200+ Sols/s with just the 6 470s though (well one is a 480)