Boysie - Rig Setup RX480

dam that’s some good numbers…love you are using my bios.them 470’s drove me nuts. really nuts. glad its working for u.

I’m not a Linux man so taking the plunge there would be difficult for me, windows miner needed here.

boysie

na linux is a piece of cake, just install ubuntu and hit her up. im 1/2 retarded and im mining on linux on the rig im typing at here LOL… and linux installs in like 5 minutes… windows still takes like 15… and its less clicks :slight_smile:
did you like the video I made of your bios ??
I Wish nheqminer had recent linux releases… the miners honestly run so much smoother in linux

im testing out saraths CPU miner now… supposedly does 50% better than nheqminer

but its only for linux for now

i was gettign 24 Sols/s on nheqminer on my 4790k… lets see how high this can go… just fired her up… shes at 10 Sols and climbing now

sorry I didn’t see your vid. getting stuff working is ok I think I could manage that but then I’m stuck, keeping it running it real head ache for me…my head just doesn’t work well enough for now I’m good waiting for something like genoil or claymore but ty its encouraging to know its available

heh its alright, why do you need to watch a video on a bios you made anyway… not like you need to learn about it LOL

but ill take the time to plug myself anyway

im gona go make some vids about nicehash pool, ill bbl, thanks for the BIOS ! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Can you send me the link for mining with GPU , ZEC on windows10 - 64bit?

:slight_smile:

Thanks for the WattTool ini

My XFX RX480s (8GB) found -6 a bit harsh, running at 0 mV for now.
Getting 20-30 Sol per card and my KillaWatt plug shows a reading of 230w :grin:

I’m using genoil-zec-miner-0.4.1 nheqminer just doesn’t want to connect for me.

Sorry guys, I’m so perplexed now, that I need an ELI5 on this situation… Please clarify.

So, Boysie is a guy who is able to mod bios code (cpu/gpu whatever) , but: “He’s not a Linux guy” and so he’s spinning a bunch of his 470s on <50% power, waiting for Win miner and not installing Linux ?? wtf?!?

If you’ve been into Ethereum mining you’d see that Boysie was one of the first people to share his findings, even though people have been modding bios’es and tuning settings since forever. He shares whatever he figures out unlike some of the pro’s and that makes him good.
And BIOS modding is no rocket science, its actually easier to get the hang of even with a hex editor, compared to learning basic linux, so I dont blame him.

If you’ve been into Ethereum mining you’d see that Boysie was one of the first people to share his findings, even though people have been modding bios’es and tuning settings since forever. He shares whatever he figures out unlike some of the pro’s and that makes him good.
And BIOS modding is no rocket science, its actually easier to get the hang of even with a hex editor, compared to learning basic linux, so I dont blame him.

Not sure if you read things… but i believe over at bitcointalk, there’s a thread from 5 months ago, even before the release of “PolarisBiosEditor” with free modified 480 roms, oh yeah, i believe i posted those :wink: … …

Bios modding is indeed no rocket science, anyone can use a GUI tool…
Copying things in a GUI tool or in a HEXeditor is basically just the same, so your point makes no sense.

Modifying timing, creating custom straps, adding offsets, shedding rops.
If you get the hang of that i’ll personally salute you publicly on every forum :slight_smile:

Btw…

51+ sol on a 480… :wink:

1 Like

Okay OMG Eliovp. I didn’t expect you to be reading this thread :P. Love your work, thank you for everything you do and share, you are a legend in Modded bios’es, we all have been greatly helped by all your roms.
But I started out at the ethereum forums and Boise had his experiences most prominently shared there, it helped me start up. I may have over stated his importance a tad, but that’s just hyperbole :stuck_out_tongue:

hehe …dont forget the granny…she’s been helping loads recently :wink:

Somehow the numbers don’t add up?
Last line: 52.0+53.7 = 105.7, but the total shows 96.6 sol/s. Which one is the true hash rate?

The numbers never seem to be exact…
My rig is around 170S/s (3x RX480 {50S/s per card} + i7 CPU {20S/s}) and my laptop GPU is around 30S/s which should give a steady 200S/s
Yet nanopool yoyo’s from 150 to 230S/s - just depends on when the current Sol rate is transmitted to the pool i think.

Ah, no worries :slight_smile:

I try to read as much as possible and post as less as possible.
Sometimes i just can’t handle myself :wink:

Ha, yeah, it surprises me that you’re the first to notice that.

Try the miner, you’ll see that it “counts” very weirdly…

But the sol’s per card are correct though.

Any chance you can share that thread here, and is that the bios you’re running on your 480’s for the 52 sol/s?

Got my 470s up to 63-66sol/s
About 670-690 watts total at wall (6cards)
W10 claymore
With a better CPU would be 68-71sol/s

1 Like

Hey I wanted to get someones opinion on these settings…I’ve got 6x rx480 red devils and power draw was like 1150w and I was getting about 1160 H/s so I set msi afterburner to the below and now I’m drawing around 770w and getting 1060 H/s and better temps.

Just wanted to know if that’s okay to run for the long haul…

Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

770w and getting 1060 H/s is a damn god value with this hashrate. Im getting 1200 H/s with 6xRX470 but power draw is up 1200W!

Did you measured power connector, or just with the GPU-Z or other Tool?

1 Like

Thanks, yeah I was thinking this seems too good to be true lol

Yeah killowatt says +/- 770…just wish ZCASH would hold and increase it’s value!!! :wink: