Can i mine with nvidia and amd gpu together on one system

I have two gtx 1070 and want to buy two rx 480 can i mine all 4 card in one motherboard.although my motherboard have 4 pcie lane . I want to do etherium minning on these cards pls help fast

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU - Intel Intel Core i7 6700K (LGA1151 Socket, 4.00 Ghz,
8MB Cache)
RAM *2 - Cr 8GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2400Mhz C14 Red Kit for X99 Chipset
Corsair CP-9020098-WW VS Series VS650 650 Watt but i will buy 1 more smps of 1000w

i dont want to play games just mine on that
i know electricity bill will be high still want to know can i mine if 2 1070 and 2 amd gpu together on same motherboard

and what is the problem i am going to face if i do that

Yes you can dual mine. Use Claymore. But get the PSU first or smash everything down to 50% power ASAP.

bro i am not asking about dual minning i am asking about can i mine using both nvidia and amd gfx on same motherboard. i know what is dual minning bro .pls help guys i need help asap

I did think when I hit the reply button whether somebody would think i meant dual coin or dual card mining. I assumed you’d realise i meant the following…

“yes you can put Nvidia and AMD cards in the same rig”. I was being quick and concise as my annoying wife was on the phone, telling me she was 5 minutes away from the house as if it made a difference. She’s always home around this time. Has been for over a year.

Use Claymore with the “-di [0,1]” flags for your AMD cards.

AND

Use EWBF with the "–cuda_devices 2 3 " flags for your NVIDIA cards.

Assuming your cards are on those relative device IDs.

Hope this helps.

Note: the wife is back now and annoying me in other ways.

2 Likes

thanks bro for all the help :slight_smile: