Can't Send from Any Wallet - Issues Related to Ledger and Coinbase

Not sure if anyone knows if they’re close to resolving this but coinbase pro has paused deposits and withdrawals of zcash since 6/1.
https://status.pro.coinbase.com/

Update: also cannot send on ledger live to any address. It’s an API error when trying to send. I have to assume they haven’t updated their nodes yet.

That potentially explains the shortage of Zcash coins for sale on Coinbase! Whoever their supply provider was must not have stock piled them enough to sell.

Interesting. Found this on Twitter earlier https://goblincrypto.com/coinbase-abruptly-freezes-zcash/

I hope ledger and coinbase can resolve this soon. It’s been down for several days now and I have transactions waiting. This seems to be affecting a lot of people. As far as I know, the issue is with their clients being able to broadcast a transaction. I don’t have any reason to believe this is more than a client side issue.

1 Like

You don’t think it’s intentional? I noticed Binance announced they would support the upgrade. No such announcement from Coinbase that I could find.

1 Like

We’ve been working with the Coinbase engineers for months to support NU5. They neglected to upgrade part of their infrastructure and have a new team working on it that is unfamiliar with the code. We’ve been in multiple pairings and have been helping them test today. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

8 Likes

I don’t think it’s intentional. I was told by Ledger support that it’s a technical issue they are working on and lots of people are affected. They stated they’re working on it, so it’s not a decision to not support it.

1 Like

Just curious. Is anyone able to transact zcash on a trezor? If so, I found out I can restore a ledger seed to a trezor. So whoever supports NU5 first so I can transact anything is who I’ll be a customer to.

Update: This is fixed now with an update to the zcash app on ledger devices. Tested it and it worked.

1 Like

Why are my posts about Coinbase being merged to this thread about Ledger? It has nothing to do with Ledger.

Does anyone know if Trezor new beta application for their wallet supports shielded addresses?

It looks like this is close to finished. Just wasn’t sure what to expect when I first try out a Model T and create a new wallet address. I just want to migrate my entire savings into the shielded pool and never look back. I’ll still use Ledger for other cryptocurrencies but for zcash I just wanted to have it shielded going forward.

Any update? (Concerning Ledger. I don’t care much about coinbase.)

Ledger zcash transactions are completely operational. It was resolved last week.

2 Likes

Orchard support for Trezor Model T is under development here GitHub - jarys/ztrezor: Orchard shielded transactions for Trezor T.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m very excited about this. Looks like it’s in pre-release so a production version should be out soon hopefully.