GUIDE: How to use the OFFICIAL ZCASH LINUX WALLET on WINDOWS 10

Hey everyone, I managed to get the zcash official linux wallet working through windows 10 anniversary update (info on Microsoft update from dev team: Windows Subsystem for Linux - Update - YouTube)

Just follow my 5 easy step guide here. Thank you friends …

Here is what you do:

1. Install the Windows 10 anniversary update here: Get the latest Windows update

2. once installed, head into the windows search near start menu and search “turn windows features on or off” (just search for it in windows using the cortana search bar) and open it - once open scroll down and look for “windows subsystem for linux” and check the box to the left. Click ok and restart your PC. You must restart your PC for this to work.

3. Once you have restarted PC, head into windows store and download Ubuntu

4. Open Ubuntu, create your account and set up via command line as normal. Watch these 2 videos as guides, the first will give you a run down on how to set up Ubuntu via command line on Windows 10 and the second gives you some of the basics you need to navigate around Linux.

STEP 4 VIDEOS:

1. Windows 10 Bash & Linux Subsystem Setup - YouTube
    2.Beginner's Guide to the Bash Terminal - YouTube

5.Once you have set up Ubuntu with the guide and familiarized yourself with the operating system, watch this video : - YouTube and follow the instructions in it to install zcash on Ubuntu via command line as normal. You can also use this guide for more install instruction commands: Download Zcash | Zcash

Extra info:

** Use zcash-cli help to find a list of commands within wallet

**Once done be sure to back up your keys for all addresses in case anything happens to your PC!

**Use the link below to find a list of all the commands for the wallet:
Zcash-cli command line Master Doc: zcash/payment-api.md at master · zcash/zcash · GitHub

** If I missed anything feel free to post your questions here and I will do my best to check back often and help you out.

**USE GOOGLE. GOOGLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND! It is the QUICKEST way to solve most issues you may come across during this process.

Enjoy the official zcash wallet on Windows!!