Help regaining access to funds from Zepio

What is there in the Zecwallet Fullnode.app directory? Type ls -l in the terminal.

I donā€™t have a Zecwallet Fullnode.app directory anywhere on my computer.

I do have a <username>/Library/Application Support/Zecwallet Fullnode/ directory, and it has the following directories and files in it:

blob_storage/
Cache/
Code Cache/
GPU Cache/
Local Storage/
Session Storage/
Cookies
Cookies-journal
Network Persistent State

Have you installed Zecwallet Fullnode? You need to open the .dmg file you downloaded, and Drag the Zecwallet icon into the Applications folder.

There should either be a /Applications/Zecwallet Fullnode.app or a "<username>/Applications/Zecwallet Fullnode.app

Try this: /Applications/Zecwallet\ Fullnode.app/Contents/Resources/bin/mac/zcashd -reindex

1 Like

Have you installed Zecwallet Fullnode? You need to open the .dmg file you downloaded, and Drag the Zecwallet icon into the Applications folder.

Yes, Iā€™ve installed it. I downloaded the .dmg and dragged it into the Applications folder.
I see the Zecwallet Fullnode icon in the Applications folder. But I assume that is just the app itself and isnā€™t a folder that I can drill down into.

Sweet! That launched zcasd in terminal. <3
Itā€™s synching with 8 connections.

By the way, donā€™t worry, your funds are safe.

You are just extremely unlucky to keep hitting that nasty bug.

While zcashd is reindexing, download Zecwallet Lite and set it up so you can be ready.

As soon as the reindexing finishes, quickly send your funds to a z-address in Zecwallet Lite and your problems will be over.

1 Like

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Okay, so I have zcashd running in the terminal (resyncing the entire blockchain, not just reindexing, if I understand correctly, because I deleted all the blockchain data earlier).

When that finishes, should I run Zecwallet Fullnode or Zepio to move my funds to Zecwallet Lite?

Right now, with zcash running in the background, if I run Zecwallet Fullnode I get an error saying ā€œfailed to start zcash. Giving upā€. So I assume I cannot use Zecwallet Fullnode to get access to my funds.

When I run Zepio right now (with zcashd running in the background) I get an error that says ā€œnot authorized to access Zcash rpc. Please check your rpc user and rpc passwordā€.

You need to add two lines to your zcash.conf to allow for rpc access, which will enable Zepio and Zecwallet Fullnode to run. Add these lines:

rpcuser=<some username>
rpcpassword=<some password>

Your zcash.conf is in ~/Library/Application Support/Zcash/zcash.conf
You can chose any username and password

2 Likes

You need to add two lines to your zcash.conf

Done! And it worked. Everything is syncing and I think Iā€™ll be ready to go once my node is caught up.

Thanks @adityapk00 and @anon16456014 for your support. I really appreciate it.

How to move the private keys to zec lite?

Hi @taylor , welcome to the forums!

ZecWallet lite does not support importing private keys, you will need to run ZecWallet fullnode to import your keys.

You can import your keys and then send the funds to a new ZecWallet lite address if you want to make the switch.

1 Like

Thank you, my problem is zcashd keeps failing to fully download. I cant sent anything. Keep reindex then gets to 30% and failsā€¦ need to start over every time.

Fails how? Somewhere around the 30% mark there are lots of full blocks so if you donā€™t have enough memory (or patience) it might appear to stall.

Assuming thereā€™s enough memory just wait it outā€¦should be more detail in debug.log

1 Like

Hey @taylormiles , sorry to hear, it can be a pain the first time with a full node. As ChileBob said above it always appears to stall around the 30% mark where it grinds through several big blocks, and Zcashd only uses one CPU at a time so itā€™s not the most efficient. Just let it run until fully synced and you can transfer the funds to ZecWallet lite or mobile and never have to deal with it again :wink:

Okā€¦ might have to get a new machine to run the nodeā€¦ can you send me instructions on transferring wallet to new machine?

Ok, for you to transfer a wallet.dat to a new PC that will fully sync:

1. Find the wallet.dat file that has your funds on the old PC. It could be in a place like [%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\Zcash]
    Make a copy of it and re-name it to something other than wallet.dat like BACKUPwallet.dat , set it aside.
  2. Get the new Node on the new machine fully installed and let it sync to 100%
  3. Stop the now synced node. Find the location of the newly made wallet.dat on the new PC and rename it to NEWwallet.dat or something and set it aside. Never delete wallet.dat files, ever, until you are positive they are empty.
  4. Grab the BACKUPwallet.dat from the old PC and transfer it to the new PC in the same location that you found the wallet.dat originally, then rename it wallet.dat.
  5. Restart the new node and do a -rescan so Zcashd will search for the ZEC in the wallet.dat you moved from the old PC.
  6. If all goes well your ZEC balance will show up.

Now you can send/receive normally with the fullnode, including sending it to a different lite wallet if you want to.

Feel free to ask if you run into any snags, and remember to just be patient and let it run, depending on your internet speed and PC specs it can take anywhere from several hours to a day or more for a full node to sync 100%.