How to build a ZCash GPU mining Rig. I want to mine ZCash for fun so i need the hardware configuration's

I have a 7 GPU (old 270x’s) called “Sagan” running a test here:
http://coinsforall.io/#!/coin/ZCASH/wallet/t1RuLMkzGVFzx2S2GkUcafen44WwAL5XVw9

sweet
I guess your on linux with that rig?
did you get a confirmed payout yet from coinsforall?
i get these russians saying its a scam and I have to bitch at them not to judge it to early…
so Im hoping people can let me know if they have gotten paid so I can put those biatches in their places.

Are those numbers are correct? I’m pulling average of 40 from 1 cpu and 1 gpu…

well with Genoil you want a good CPU, else you get typewritter effect… i just left my g1840 on ETH cause of it… personally id say get a Intel Xeon Processor E3-1231 v3 (Quad Core 3.40 GHz, 8M Cache, Socket 1150 ) and mine with it at the same time.

G3258 is a Pentium

it goes Celeron - Pentium - i3 - i5 - i7 / xeon E3

2 Likes

I can hook you up with prebuilt rigs if you are in Bangalore. Let me know.

Yes, I only use Linux. Most serious miners do as well since mining is like owning a little bank. You want your bank as secure as possible and Linux provides that. Windows is full of holes, some of which Microsoft intentionally put there. I used to be a contract worker for Microsoft so I know too much about the evil they do to be comfortable mining on their crappy OS.

As for CoinsForAll they do pay out and I have been paid several times by them. That said, they are slow but they aren’t a scam as far as I can tell. It does seem like I make more for the same hash power on flypool though.

seriously, windows is scary, anyone can be a peeping tom

and I just saw your payout screen shot in the other thread, i might head back over there on this rig :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you may be better off creating CPU mining rigs with Zcash.

IMO most people should just buy modern, mainstream intel gaming mobos and run 2-4 GPUs each. That way there’s no need to find those exotic, expensive, out-of-date asrock boards & then spend even more on ghetto/flakey PCI-e x1 adaptors, 1200W+ power supplies, custom mounting racks, etc. Yes, you will need ~2x more mobos/cpus/dimms/power supplies for a given # of GPUs this way, but each system is significantly cheaper, and so the total cost difference is not that large if you’re building only 1 or 2 rigs. Plus you can easily plug in a 6700k or whatever if you want to CPU mine simultaneously, or just convert the systems into badass gaming PCs.

2 Likes

sorry bro but i am in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh

thanks. I need to know how much a 30 H/S will produce ZCash. I don’t need calculator, tell this if anyone knows

Nice video but you glossed over the very important parts of getting those 7 GPUs all detected and running in Windows. The complete walk-through with BIOS modifications (if any) and driver installation tricks would be useful for newcomers. Did you use the 6xGPU_mod program at all or did everything work perfectly on first boot after driver installation?

no i didnt use any mods. im just using driver 16.10.3
and if made any bios mod its to change PCIE lands to gen2… snf pcie as primary adapter…
not very difficult…

at 30sol/s you can expect 0.005 ZEC per day. And dont buy that Asrock BTC board from the amazon link you had shared earlier, thats like 7 times its price, import it from aliexpress.

I have an old computer I think it is 32 bit motherboard.I have 4 pci slots on the board.I have Windows 10. Can I get a bigger power supply and 4 CPU cards and mine zcash with it?

which motherboard will better for 7 cards? Soket 1151.
MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON?..
or
Msi Z170A GAMING M5 ???

Z170 chipset is shit

1 Like

Don’t buy Z170A shit MB has 7 pcie slot for me just work with 4 so… better B85 or H97 form Asrock

3 Likes

This 100 times. I despise this board! :rage:

2 Likes