How to build a ZCash GPU mining Rig. I want to mine ZCash for fun so i need the hardware configuration's

The Z97 Gaming 5 works well from MSI

4 Likes

What better Asus PCI-Ex Radeon RX470 ROG Strix 4GB GDDR5 (256bit) (1206/6600) or Sapphire RX 470 4 GB???
I mean better for miningā€¦

Use MSI Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard. It is better for mining. 7 PCI-E slots instead of 6 and the price is lower. There is no reason to go with the ASRock ProBTC over this.

For video cards, I recommend the Sapphire RX 470 8GB OCL (100407NT+8GOCL). Sapphire uses two replaceable fans for better cooling and their cards draw most of their power from the 8-pin connector rather than PCI-E slotā€¦ less stress on the risers. 8 GB memory allows for more mining capability (and future optimization) and OCL allows for more settings modification to get more efficient mining. You will have more fun!

For risers it is vital to remove the molex/sata adapter and ONLY ATTACH THE PSU ā†’ 4 PIN MOLEX CONNECTOR DIRECTLY TO THE RISER. The SATA connector cannot handle the amount of juice and will burn. Promise you!

Risers, look for ver 005 or ver 006: http://www.ebay.com/itm/5X-60CM-USB3-0-Power-Cable-PCI-E-Express-1x-To-16x-Extender-Riser-Card-Adapter-/291908203369?hash=item43f715b369:g:vaoAAOSw4GVYKs0d

Use this power supply with modular connections: EVGA 1000GQ 210-GQ-1000-V1 GQ 80 Plus Gold, 1000W ECO Mode Semi Modular Power Supply - Newegg.com

Order extra Molex cables from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-6-PIN-PERIF-to-3-x-Molex-flat-4-Fan-etc-Power-Cables-for-EVGA-Modular-PSUs-/162273213763?hash=item25c83cbd43:g:nRIAAOSwzaJX-Tzr

3 Likes

If somebody has trouble with starting to mine Zcash, Zcash mining on windows with Claymore miner v8 running at 1000sol How to mine Zcash at 1000sol on windows with claymmore miner and RX470 graphic cards. - YouTube

Which CPU do you need to support 7 GPUs ?
Can you use i3 or i5 or do you have to use i7 ?
I am trying to find out - perhaps there is an easier way to look it upā€¦

Thanks,

Find the cheapest CPU to fit the socket of whatever motherboard you decide on,CPU has no benefit on GPU mining now since software is more optimised

I have 2 Rigs with 6 card on each but is should work with 7 cards ( MSI z97 Gaming 5, 4 GB Ram, Intel CPU )

Iā€™m a miner from india. I could help you with the hardware. Message me if you need any help.
Where in india are you based ?

hey broā€¦im from bangalore. can u please tell me more about the rigs? and the priceā€¦thanks

Sent you a PM. Check and respond.

Hey , even I am from India , Would love to get some help on the hardware

Sent pm, check and reply.

Which Intel CPUs do you use ?

Happy to be here and a happy new year to everyone!

Intel Pentium G3260, you can go also with Celeron, I have not used Celeron because are realy bad

Need help in setting up a rig for mining zcash. Please can anyone provide any help or point me in the right direction

Thanks in advance

@globalbiz21st Have you thought about starting with just any old PC with a video card, to put a toe in the pool first? You donā€™t have to squeeze profit out of a machine to learn and have fun with it.
Most of my folks prefer the RX470. Sapphire 8GB (Samsung chips) is pretty spicy for ZEC and flexible for other currencies you might want to mine. If you find a killer deal on a platinum PSU you might opt for that over something like the eVGA SuperNOVA (gold PSU). Itā€™s a tiny price difference to go up to 128GB SSD, which is actually useful in your regular PC.

Because it does not use Intel Core I7-7700k Lga1151 Processors 4.5g 8m Box Kaby Lake

Can i7 intel processor be used?

It will not give you any profitable zec coz itā€™s way past cpu mining lā€¦ You would need gpu to mine