Issue with ZEC Withdrawal in Nighthawk Wallet: Error in Validation

Hey @aiyadt ! Hope you’re okay. I need some technical help. I was approached by a user and I don’t know how to solve this problem. Quote:

"good afternoon. In your wallet review you mentioned that Nighthawk Wallet now supports z2t transactions.

By the way, based on your review I decided to try this wallet. I installed version 2.2.09 on Android. I started some ZEC coins and they were automatically moved to a secure address. Now updated to version 2.2.12. Trying to make a test withdrawal of 0.5 ZEC to T-address, it gives error “Error in validation” and stops. Can you please tell me what I’m doing wrong?".

Source: Только wallet.dat для бэкапа? (несколько вопросов от новичка) - #22 by dade

4 Likes

At what point does it actually present the error? Is it after the click send (last step) or after the pasting in the address (second to last step)?

2 Likes

Good afternoon. The error occurs after entering the recipient’s address and clicking the “Continue” button.

2 Likes

Have you doublechecked the address somewhere else for validity? Such as, another wallet or a block explorer?

1 Like

I tried two different addresses, I checked both, they are valid.
Do you think I should try reinstalling nighthawk wallet using the SEED phrase?

1 Like

I don’t think nighthawk supports restoring from a seed, you only get a new instance to send to But you can restore with Ywallet or Zingo. If the app fails to parse normal and correct addresses, then the problem is with your copy of the app, somehow. I tested and it should work.

1 Like

John, thank you very much for your time and attention to this. I send PM to @aiyadt in twitter and he replied that several users have addressed this, but they currently have no developers due to lack of funding, so he can’t help with this.

I don’t know if the new Seed reservation module in SDK 2.0 is compatible relative to what exists now in YWallet or Zingo! (I saw some report that it might not be compatible), so I recommended @dade to wait for Zashi.

2 Likes

The seed derivative method should be the same. If the wallet birthday is set to the current block (to test) then there will be no rescan and won’t take long to check out if that is the case.

1 Like

This could simply be because the mainnet lightwallet server is down.

2 Likes

I am using Nighthawk wallet on android.
It shows I have 100 ZEC in my account.
When I try to send the ZEC, I get the “Top Up Wallet” message, and I am unable to send my ZEC.
How can I get around this?
Thanks.

• George
1 Like

Have you tried changing servers in your settings?mainnet seems to be down but the local servers are up

1 Like