Motherboard Gigabyte Z270p d3

Thanks but that mobo is asus. The gigabyte doesnt have that option.

For 4xx cards (Polaris) Crimson 16.12.2 is recommended.

I know. But I have two rigs working perfectly with that version

Fuck Windows. Try ethOS.

does ethos support any miner of our choosing or do we have to use the ones included with the os?

This system:
Gigabyte GA-Z270P-D3 version 1
Bios version f4 - auto installed by update software
8 GB Patriot Value DDR4 2400
6 - Gigabyte GTX 1080
2 EVGA 850w Gold power supplies
Pleathora of PCIE 1x to 16x risers
OS Options: Windows 10 Pro or ethOS

Questions:
Should I upgrade to f5 bios or is instability going to be an issue?
For those who have gotten 5 GPU’s working which PCIE Slots have you used? I can’t seem to get more than 3 recognized.
Has anyone gotten 6 GPU’s working under Windows 10 on the GA-Z270P-D3?
Has anyone gotten 6 GPU’s working under ethOS on the GA-Z270P-D3?

if the hardware says itll supports x amount of gpus then it will work unless you make an error while setting it up

1. Make sure that it’s not a bad riser
  2. Switch your cards around so you know it’s not a bad card.
  3. Make sure that it’s not a power supply issue (consistent and adequate power).

Hi! Try to decrease PCIe connection speed:
BIOS: M.I.T. > Miscellanious > Max Link Speed → Gen2
It shouldn’t affect mining performace. I’ve got stable mining on 6 GPUs with this setting.

Yes. I’ve got 6 on Windows 10 x64. It isn’t necessary to update BIOS. F4 also works well.

Hi. I solved this problem by setting up memory clock very high without turning off the miner. 5 of them didn’t change the mh ratio, the one with the problem has gone up to 30 mh and is stable. I have now 3 days of continuous mining with 6 gpu on that motherboard. It took me 4 days to find this workaround, i will never by one again

Hi All,
Been searching whole internet and cannot find solution. I have gigabyte ga-z270p-d3 intel z270 but Windows 10 recognises only 5 GPU. No matter what I do it will not boot up when 6 are connected.
I have disabled integrated graphic card in BIOS.
BIOS updated to latest verison.
All motherboard drivers upto date.
GPU (RX570) drivers upto date.
There is no option in BIOS to enable or disable 4G
I have tried to change PCI in BIOS to GEN1, GEN2 or auto - still not working.

Would you please have any other suggestions?

GPU risers, PSU and all cables are OK. I have tried to connect GPUs to different PCI ports but still same issue.
Tried also fresh with fresh Windows installation still no joy.

If you have the same Mobo as the title of this thread, click the liink and this video at the 20:20 mark shows you where it is

mobo on this video is Asus, I have Gigabyte.
In the mean time I have found simple solution at:

and it worked!

Has anyone tried this MOBO ? I’m interested since it comes with a free 128GB SSD :slight_smile:

GA-z270P-d3
7gpu 580 8gb special edition
7 risers
1 m.2 to pcie adaptor
i dont havev a hdmi monitor to use the onboard video
i hade problems when upgrading bios to the mining edition F6a the board would only display black screen, by replacing the main video card with 7850 laing around i found that the resolutin was somewhere at 300 pixels , black and white
the fix that worked for me, instaled win 10 64 , in uefi mode! when motherboard bios was f4, then pluged all the gpus 7 dected 5 working 2with error, upgrade motherboard bios, stil 5/2, unistaled the video driver
now reset on the resolution to 300 black and white. now reconect the 7850 to get image and finaly reinstaled the drivers and all 7 gpu work
amd driver is the blockchain beta with the dag fix
also be carefull:
new bios for mainboard is downgrade protected so if you wanna update from windows you will not be able, also the board is dual bios you can use that function
bios should!!! must be on FAT32 partition stick and update from bios post

Had this same card. With enough playing around I finally got 6 cards working but don’t even ask what finally did it. I’ve since RMA’d the mobo and have a new one coming. Not worth the trouble and uncertainty.

I upgraded to F7 BIOS when I first got the board and now I can’t go back to F6a. I tried both in Windows AND in QFlash in the BIOS itself. Is there any way to downgrade?

I can only get this motherboard to recognize and boot with 5 GPUs. With 6 it will only boot half the time (other times I get a static screen and nothing else), and when it does Windows will only recognize 4/6 GPUs. The rest will have an exclamation mark on them in device manager. 5 GPUs works no problem. I don’t think it’s a bad riser because with the same riser and only 5 GPUs it’s fine.

Did you set the card memory to a high clock or system memory?