Need suggestions for mining setup. See situation

I agree, it seems the 1070 has the same Sols/second as a Nano, and I would expect at half the power (seems 1070s are using 100watts for 400 Sols/s)

Nanos are $500 while 1070s are often $350-$375.

Is the nano really only using 50 watts?

And more to your point, which modern GPUs use GDDRX? I thought the 1050-1080 and RX460-480 were all using GDDRX?

Only the Titan x(p), 1080, and 1080ti use GDDR5X, do not buy

The Fiji cards uses hbm memory which is better for gaming but makes no difference in mining, but the new Vega cards hbm2 could prove to be a hashrate boost in coins like eth,

Thanks for the info all .

Wait, if your electricity is included then just buy used, it’s much cheaper and they hash just as good, you are not going to make the most mining zcash, or you can mine LBRY which is ever so slightly less profitable but I feel like it is stable and the price will rise.

In other words buy amd GPUs, preferably

Hello,
I need advice for a new miner. I want to buy 6 RX 470 or 6 RX 570 .
My options are:

MSI Radeon RX 570 Armor OC 4GB → price 939 RON ( 1 $ = 4.17 RON)
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 570 GAMING 4GB → price 934 RON
Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 G1 Gaming 4GB → price 874 RON
Asus Radeon RX 470 Strix 4GB → price 900 RON

I would like to make a decision based on the mining flexibility so when equihash mining isn’t profitable to be able to switch easily to another algo like Scrypt , X11 and so on …This means that the card should be easily modded and stable.
Based on your experience, please suggest what should i pick from the above list or what else to take into consideration.

So start a thread instead of hijacking mine?

I’m kidding. Is a RX 480 not an option?

ok but i already opened a new thread :slight_smile:
480 is also good but i don’t think it’s worth the price . i think it has the same hashes/ watt as 470.

Yeah I meant to reply back again but I fell asleep. I’m not sure what the 470s are hashing but I have sapphire nitro 480s and stock I’m getting 290-300 H/s at 150-180 watts per card. Haven’t done any tweaks to the bios on any of them yet.

Hell, if a 470 gets the same, looks like I’m switching :slight_smile:

And I got them at 189 each with an additional $15 mail in rebate so about 175 each. Sale is over now though. 209 before shipping now.

that’s an amazing price for a Nitro 480. here in Romania the cheapest nitro is about $265 :frowning:

Prices have jumped to ridiculous on some sites though. Guess I got lucky