I a new in domain of mining, so I want to start in a “light” way. For this I configure an hardware system with the next components:
- (SSD) ADATA Ultimate SU800, 2.5", 128GB, SATA III
- memory RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DIMM, DDR4, 3000MHz, CL15, 1.35V, XMP 2.0, Red
- network board: TP-Link TG-3468, PCIe, Auto MDI/MDIX
- Riser Card-Set 6 buc-mining Ethereum PCE164P-N07 V007C (compatibility with PCI-E Express 1X-16X cablu USB 3.0)
- PSU adaptor: ATX, 24 Pins, Dual PSU
- supplementary riser: M2 PCI-e for slot (NGFF)
- motherboard: Asus - PRIME Z270-P ATX LGA1151
- processor: Intel - Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core
- Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX
- video-card: 1xNVidia (6Gb) and 1xAMD (8Gb)
- operating system: Ubuntu (linux)
Because I am new, please give me some advice regarding to way in which to add/mount video-cards. I have need this advice, because I read articles and posts in which are presented different situation in which video-cards are not recognise by the system.
What I observe is that: video-cards must be added 1 by 1. For me means:
- Add 1 x NVidia video-card ;
- Install NVidia driver;
- Close the PC;
- Add 1 x AMD video-card;
- Start PC and check if it is recognised (if not, then check bios settings);
- Install AMD driver;
and so on for each card added. But, once installed the drivers (for 1st NVidia card and 1st for AMD card), I must reinstalled after each video-card added in the system ?
The mining system will be integrate 8 video-cards, but as I say, not at once but 2 by 2 in the first instance, to learn how to proceed.
I waiting with higher interest your feedback related to configuration and steps necessary to mount supplementary video-cards on the system. Please take into account that I am beginner, and based on rig performance with mixed video-cards I will decide later on which video-card to use.
Thanks in advance to all members of community for support and advice.
Keep in touch.