No Coins - Gen Set/3 Days Mining/Upgraded Solver

Dear all,

I have not received any coins after a few days ‘mining’. I know the difficulty went up and despite upgrading my zcashd to include Tromp’s solver via Sarath’s updated client I am still yet to receive any balance.

How am I able to list my TADDR? zcash-cli Z_listaddresses doesn’t appear to have a corresponding command for T?

testnet=1
addnode=betatestnet.z.cash
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
gen=1
genproclimit=3

I read somewhere, that it’s best not to use all cores (and also excl. HyperThreading cores into calculation) as it performs better. I have an i5-6500 thus, set to 3.

: ~/zcash$ ./src/zcash-cli getmininginfo
{
    "blocks" : 9663,
    "currentblocksize" : 18260,
    "currentblocktx" : 6,
    "difficulty" : 2566.27986348,
    "errors" : "This is a pre-release test build - use at your own risk - do not use for mining or merchant applications",
    "genproclimit" : 3,
    "networkhashps" : 267,
    "pooledtx" : 7,
    "testnet" : true,
    "chain" : "test",
    "generate" : true
}

: ~/zcash$ ./src/zcash-cli getinfo
{
    "version" : 1000025,
    "protocolversion" : 170002,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 9663,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "connections" : 8,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 2516.63631836,
    "testnet" : true,
    "keypoololdest" : 1476896413,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "relayfee" : 0.00005000,
    "errors" : "This is a pre-release test build - use at your own risk - do not use for mining or merchant applications"
}

Please advise,

You are not mining. For Saraths miner to work you need to connect to a pool.

There is also an integration into zcashd (as well as standalone) see here https://github.com/zcash/zcash/pull/1570 but they may well be using the standalone miner

1 Like

Actually that’s been superseded by this 1570.tromp equihash with libsodium blake.2 by daira · Pull Request #1578 · zcash/zcash · GitHub

1 Like

Yes. My changes are in zcash master branch.

Start your daemon with “-equihashsolver tromp” option.

Hi @sarath-hotspot,

You are a very big surprise to this community. Thank you for your contributions.

On the zcash master branch, is the integration of tromp solver both for CPU and CUDA? How would I implement it if I will use

• CPU only
  • CUDA (nvidia gpu) only
  • both (if supported)

Thanks.

i have the same problem :frowning: somebody can help ? in standalone mining 0 coins in 3 days

@neo
Feels good to contribute to zcash/opensource community.

My changes support only CPU miner.
I didn’t integrate GPU miner.

Here are my steps:

Followed the BETA guide (Home · zcash/zcash Wiki · GitHub) but instead of
git clone GitHub - zcash/zcash: Zcash - Internet Money
I did
git clone GitHub - sarath-hotspot/zcash: zcash

Secondly, installed the miner, following this guide: Home · sarath-hotspot/zcash Wiki · GitHub

Started the deamon on first terminal screen:
cd ./zcash
./src/zcashd -daemon
./src/zcash-cli getnewaddress

Opened second terminal screen:
cd ./zminer
./src/zcash-miner -stratum=stratum+tcp://zmine.io:1337
-user=//TADDR// -printtoconsole -debug

I didn’t follow the zmine.io git clone as I assumed that would overwrite @sarath-hotspot 's miner

Mining for another 18 hours or so and still no coins - can anyone point me where I might be going wrong?

BetaChap

In the zcash or zminer directory? Didn’t seem to work for me the ‘normal’ way:

~/zcash$ ./src/zcashd -daemon -equihashsolver tromp
Error: There is no RPC client functionality in zcashd. Use the zcash-cli utility instead.

Correction. There should be a = between equihashsolver and tromp.

./src/zcashd -daemon -equihashsolver=tromp

Right - one step closer. And perhaps, silly question - what happens if you run:

./src/zcash-miner -stratum=stratum+tcp://zmine.io:1337 \
-user=//TADDR// -printtoconsole -debug

Without running the daemon. It seems to be display ‘submitted and accepted’ so wonder if it’s actually working. If not, how do I configure the poolminer to use all cores as it appears to be unaffected by the zcash.conf

I’m having a similar problem. If you’ve figured out how to list the t_addresses I would be grateful if you could share how. I generated a few t_addresses so I have no idea to what address I’m mining to.

Search for the gui wallet for linux. That or use a ‘cloud’ based wallet like Poloniex