Optimized solver for Zcashd

Did I see a link for this here somewhere or was I dreaming?

1 Like

I saw that link but the miner is for pools no? I was thinking there was one for the wallet miner. I seem to be lost in the sea of information here now.

We just merged @sarath-hotspot’s changes into Zcash; you will be able to use tromp’s solver in RC2 by adding equihashsolver=tromp to your zcash.conf.

4 Likes

@str4d
We need to remove some printf statements. Zcashd is printing unnecessary
lines on console.

1 Like

Yes, I’m aware of those (see e.g. this comment). We didn’t have time to fix them in RC 2, but hopefully we will have time to do so before 1.0.0 (PRs welcome to speed this up!)

is there a guide to setting up your build with one of the pools?

like zmine.io?

will it be merged with the main zcash src prior to launch?

./zcash-standalone-miner/src/zcash-miner -stratum=stratum+tcp://zec.suprnova.cc:2142 -user=username.worker -password=yourworkerpassword -debug -printtoconsole

Change stratum+tcp://zec.suprnova.cc:2142
username.worker
yourworkerpassword
Accordingly

1 Like

Hi,
I’m running ./src/zcashd -daemon -equihashsolver=tromp but I’ve

“timeoffset” : 0,
“connections” : 0,
“proxy” : “”,
“difficulty” : 2589.69146559,
“testnet” : true,

It seams to me that it doesn’t work yet, is it?
thanks all.

You’ll have to wait until RC2 is released, because the current master branch requires a testnet reset.

1 Like

@str4d thank you for your strong effort as well as to @sarath-hotspot and @tromp: this is really a great team work ! I’m looking forward to test the new Zcashd RC2 as soon as it’ll be available :slight_smile:

It is available already…

1 Like

following the Beta Guide, when trying to upgrade from Beta2 to RC2

cd zcash/ make clean
git fetch origin git checkout v1.0.0-rc2

at last step it says:

error: pathspec ‘v1.0.0-rc2’ did not match any file(s) known to git.

@Tromp where could I git checkout it from ?

Oops; seems I was mistaken about RC2 being released already:-(

can this be done from the command line? If so what would the command be?

RC 2 is now out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does the official release include your standalone miner or are they separate projects?

1 Like

They are currently separate projects. My standalone miner may get merged into official Zcash at some point, or it may not. I guess it depends on how useful it becomes to the community :slight_smile: For now, I’m manually updating it when new releases come out.

I’ve updated my standalone miner to rc2. If you run it without -printtoconsole you should see the node metrics screen. And it accepts the same -equihashsolver option as zcashd.

3 Likes

So there’s no difference anymore between using your standalone miner and the one by Sarath?