No coins Mined after 3days

Hello pls i need help, i didn’t receuve any coin after 3days mining with my laptop Intel® Pentium(R) CPU 997 @ 1.60GHz × 2

“version” : 1000025,
“protocolversion” : 170002,
“walletversion” : 60000,
“balance” : 0.00000000,
“blocks” : 10173,
“timeoffset” : 0,
“connections” : 8,
“proxy” : “”,
“difficulty” : 1723.37546641,
“testnet” : true,
“keypoololdest” : 1476998489,
“keypoolsize” : 101,
“paytxfee” : 0.00000000,
“relayfee” : 0.00005000,
“errors” : “This is a pre-release test build - use at your own risk - do not use for mining or merchant applications”

Thanks for help, i want to try mining for first time.

Hello, did You mine using official guide?

Most of people here are thinking about effective and mostly profitable mining especially if they invest additional funds, either I, and it seems more and more to me that it will be almost a waste of power during the first month, I do those conclusions on the next facts:

There 3 ways how to mine:

1. Solo-mining.
  2. Pool-mining.
  3. Buying hash power from GM or ZP.
  4. Selling hash power to the Nicehash.

So, we have 3 obvious parties here: generic folks, Nicehash (as hashpower auction), Farmers (e.g. GM, ZP). Not very obvious parties: some special agencies, exchanges. All except of generic folks have proprietary miners what gives them an obvious superiority.

During the slow start those who have the biggest hashpower will win the block, because hashing power is considered as the primary factor for winning the block. So, now, guess who will it be? Even if Suprnova will win the first block it will be shared per share among the all participants and the number of coins will be distributed accordingly (not many coins, too many people, very little chance to get the block). Even those who bought GM and ZP from the start will probably lose on it, because when ZEC will appear at the exchanges BTC will be around 900 USD if not higher, people who payed 3 BTC at 600 will lose 30%, but who will guarantee that ZEC price will rise during BTC uptrend? ZEC will start from dump simply to get back investments. So, hmm… its purely experimental. But if will be profitable Hardware will be like gold. So, buy BTC and Hardware :slight_smile:

wich hardware should we buy?? :slight_smile:

You should wait until stable open-source miners will appear. I suppose the most profitable will be CPU mining. Even now with optimized CPU solver you can get results 2/3 of GPU proprietary (if what is written is true). So, from power/hw price point of view cheap AMD CPU will be the most effective. For example I made a complete system for 250 USD which is AMD FX-3000, 8GB RAM, simple ssd, video intgrated and needed only for system setup. I have not tested it yet cause no stable miner is available, but some people provided around 20 sols/s with solver’s tests using 8 cores, consider around 10 Hashes/s. Now You can go here https://zec.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool and check how much you can get with such hash rate, almost nothing. With 100 hashes/sec x10 machines it will be 0.0025 ZEC/day which is 28 cents a day x 30 days - 8.64 USD, depending on power cost you will work in loss.

Thanks, i thinks ill buy AMD Opteron 12 core
Model 6338P…

I’m afraid its not a wise choice, the best performance You can get on the systems which have many memory channels and good memory bandwidth, not speed. So, to get the best performance from those Opteron you should have 6-channels of memory motherboard, but let’s see, I hope You will share your benchmark.

Thank you for your help i understand, im glad it have some people like you in forum :wink:

Hey friend,

Do you have any link to a guide on pool mining.

I can mine solo no problem, but I can’t get pool mining to work (tried zmine.io)

How do you make a zcash address? I know one is created during the install/build/running of zcash. But how do you create a new one fresh?

I try zmine.io its work fine for me… just follow the instruction page on their site.

For generate address you should put this command: " /src/zcash-cli getnewaddress "
:wink:

1 Like

thanks! how do i control the address i generate tho?

like if I generate a few addresses how to I access the funds?

for example I just ran this:

root@ip:~/zcash# ./src/zcash-cli getnewaddress
tmSK6Wet9Q6a1SCqXePsr1FmFeuh7tgWmfL

is that now my public address?
is my old one gone? if not how do i switch between them?

if zcash stores private keys for every address, can I print a list of my active addresses?

Hello, of course. I explain myself from my experience. I know exactly 3 pools, which are: Suprnova, Zmine, CoinMine. The last one I considered as scam in the beginning, but it seems the guy fixed the issues and it looks legit, or almost legit. Before you begin mining you should understand this process in general. There are many people (workers) at the pool who mine, higher hashing power - better the chance to catch the block, but the reward will be split proportionally between all miners. So, when you visit each of those pools look attentively what is pool’s hash-rate, higher hash rate better, but! if the pool which has less hash-rate will catch the block those who mine on the pool will have bigger reward, but again proportionally. From pools above I consider Suprnova as the best, Zmine has no https what is very bad, Coinmine looks like cheater, but time will show. Do NOT use the same credentials on the each pool! Do NOT provide your real e-mail address which you may use on exchanges (use aliases).

Lets test Suprnova first. First of all for testing you do not need real ZEC T address. Create any and provide there (this is still a testnet). Go here , this is a miner for windows ready for Suprnova pool. Here you can find information how to start mining. Good luck!

Almost forgot Zeropond pool, very easy to register and mine.

Regarding address its an interesting thing, if you mine on the pool one address is enough, if you solo mine and will catch blocks, every new block will be rewarded on the new address. There are two types of the address - T and Z, transparent and protected, probably on the pool you should provide transparent one and when you will receive your first coins you should move them to the protected one.

wow thanks for info!

Quite complicated!

So how do you keep track of all of your addresses? is there a command to print them out? or show their combined value?

echo ~/zcash/./src/zcash-cli listunspent | grep txid | wc -l blocks

This outputs how many blocks you have mined

1 Like

i get this error in zmine.io

"_./src/zcash-miner -stratum=stratum+tcp://zmine.io:1337 _
_> -user= TmHvgB85KTpQ9xBkG85PuM7WoNFYgAA9s42 -equihashsolver=tromp _
> -genproclimit=-1
terminate called without an active exception
Abandon (core dumped)

also i had mined 0.06 Zcash in the site but my wallet is stil at zero…

Its ok i solve my problem :wink: