Pirate Chain ARRR versus Zcash

Hi, I would like to know what the Zcash community thinks about the Pirate ARRR project: https://pirate.black/

Based on Zcash (as an Independent minable assetchain launched on Komodo) with some improvements:
-No transparent transactions
-protection against 51% attack by Komodo’s delayed Proof of Work (dPoW)

Pirate uses ZK-Snarks to shield 100% of the peer to peer transactions on the blockchain.

You can read some very interesting comparisons on Pirate Medium page: Comparisons – Pirate Chain – Medium

Do you see any cons to this approach?

I turned all my Z9 mini to that coin lately. I think it’s a great idea. But I’m just wondering if anyone can find any problem with it. Is it too good to be true?

How many Exchanges support ARR and private transactions? How many wallets? Who are the Developers and what do they know about Zcash and zero knowledge cryptography?

It easy to say “we have 100% shielded transactions” and Zcash could easily do the same with just one hard fork, but they won’t yet because the ecosystem is not ready yet.

100% shielded transactions are coming but there are steps to take to get there, and the rest of the ecosystem needs to be on board with the transition. See @daira comments here: Announcing Zcash Blossom and proposed feature goals - #5 by daira

5 Likes

For now only 1 exchange: Price Spectre - Complete eBay Repricing Tool (Try it for Free) (and soon a second one: crex24) [Moderation edit for accuracy by @daira: this page does not refer to Pirate chain.]

There is a interview with the dev team here: An Interview with the Pirate Chain Development Team | by Lord Catoshi | Pirate Chain | Medium

But seems like the dev are anonymous so far…

Thanks fro your input and your link i wil read this

Also abou the Pirate chain dev team, I found this: TEAMTALKS #16 —PIRATE CHAIN: PERFECTING PRIVACY! | by Jens Ibsen | Medium

" To date, we have had over 30 different contributors to many different aspects of the project. It truly is decentralized.

The Pirate project wasn’t started by a team of CORE devs who set out to make this chain and “own” it. It was more of an experiment by talented like minded individuals set on securing financial privacy.

Atthe very beginning there was about 7 people, JL777 as the tech and innovation lead consult, a few KMD notary node operators and dedicated KMD developers, who wish to remain anonymous for the time being."

You sure that is Pirate? Looks like https://veruscoin.io to me.

1 Like

Not sure about that Veruscoin as i never heared about it, but there is definatly a Pirate coin on equihash, you know i update the equihash coins whenever i come across a new one and this Pirate coin has been added recently to the list.

Out of curiousity, why would that Veruscoin be the same like the Pirate coin one? :thinking:

Sorry my mistake: here the good link: Price Spectre - Complete eBay Repricing Tool (Try it for Free)

BTW the whitepaper is just out: https://pirate.black/files/whitepaper/The_Pirate_Code_V1.0.pdf

And on a team list is coming. The lead is JL777, Komodo’s founder and Radix24 is also contributing for a paper wallet.

ohai jl777! hope your new shitcoin does a lot better than the 100s of failures you’ve already deployed. unsure there’s anybody that’s caused more financial damage to people that don’t understand what they’re doing than jl777.

1 Like