Pool- Luckpool.org: Solo Mining Block Rewards

Will it support for mining with CPU? and what about the windows version come out?

Zogpool supports all miners that I know about. Let me know if you find one that isn’t supported and I will work on getting it on the pool.

2 Likes

Would be handy to be able to see current status of shares submitted for our workers.

1 Like

I was thinking of replacing the temps stat with shares over last hour and maybe rejected share count like flypool earlier today. Will work on that tomorrow.

2 Likes

@voxelot some pointers I would like to make

1. Up the diff a little, I have been running since last night and shares have been dropping like a waterfall. Each worker seems to be on average around 220 H/s so a higher diff would be better also due to having a single Canadian based server (200+ms for me) should also help on latency.

2. Add US/EU/Asia servers, I have a few amazon 12 month reserved instances (US-West based) I can give you one or more if needed.

3. Get someone to redesign the frontend and add stats etc (I would be willing to help pay for this) see flypool for reference.

1 Like

Also
Claymore example:

Config file :
-zpool zogpool.org:3357
-zwal taddress.worker
-zpsw x
-allpools 1
-mport 0

Start.bat
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
ZecMiner64.exe

You MUST use -allpools 1 because Zogminer isn’t in the compatible pools for dev fee

1 Like

@voxelot something wrong with the pool ? my backup pools are running now

I’m seeing the same 200+ms latency from Middle East.

Averaging 160H/s on my RX480s

Would be nice if you’d introduce non-proportional rewards. I mean like 20% for lucky miner and the rest proportionally distributed over the pool.

It introduces a bit of “gambling” factor to the mining, would be interesting for small miners :wink:

Hey everyone, thanks for the ideas on improvements. I have opened up a production staging repo with Omar and Age from the miner project. We will be working on updates to the platform 24/7 since we all live in different parts of the world. This is still a side project for us but we are pretty active hackers. Omar is looking into an ansible deployment and I am working on the frontend atm.

@trolloniex thanks for all the thought put into the pool. We will / are already working on some of those ideas. Actually i like all of your ideas mentioned. Thanks for the claymore example as well, none of us had widows to test. Also we can purchase server upgrades but feel free to drop by zogminer/dev - Gitter we are still pretty active in there. PM me if you want us to use one of your Amazon servers in the mean time. Thanks!

That is an interesting idea. I’m not sure if imposing something like that on the whole pool is a good idea but we could set up a private / side pool with altered parameters like a bonus for finding the actual solution. At this time I will be waiting to see if there is enough interest from others for a pool like that.

Also if anyone wants private pools PM me and we can talk about setting one up.

1 Like

Windows is the biggest number of miners so better not ignore them :wink:

3 Likes

I got a little burned at zmine before moving to flypool, but I still want to see smaller pools thrive, so I’m in. Hope this pays off for everyone, zogmins included. Good luck :slight_smile:

Can you explain how the block is split up?

You have around 12 clients, 43 workers…So lets say 7zec block reward gets split between 43 workers (.16zec)?

Just want to see if its worth switching over…

Thanks

Welcome CCQ! We are at about 10-15kH/s pool atm so by the statistics we should expect to find a block in 2.77 - 1.8585 days. Let the luck be with us!

The source code for calculations is here poolcore/accounting.cpp at master ¡ Zogpool/poolcore ¡ GitHub

However simply put it is a PPLNS (pay per last N shares) where you will collect shares and when the pool finds a block you will be paid out proportionally to the amount of shares you have collected in the database for last N rounds.

Thanks, will let you know.

I give this a try :wink:

Survey

Trying to gauge interest

Regional Servers

According to flypool’s stats page, EU has the largest amount of hashrate of their regional servers.

Would you guys like the first regional server to be EU, US (we already have Canada so kind of US) or Asia?

Will take votes into consideration here. But we should be opening our first regional pools soon. Also need to grow our hash rate large enough for regional pools to work out. Concentration on one pool for now seems best.

Solo Stye

If there is enough interest I could create a solo pool reward or increase luck reward for the winning miner as mentioned above in this thread. That would add a higher lever of gambling to miners but it would also give the increased revenue a small farm sees from solo mining and guarantee that the pool remains that way. Perhaps we will open solo.zogpool,org subdomains soon.

1 Like

asia oceania please…

What is the proper way to mine with two computers to the same ZEC wallet account?
I am currently running nheqminer on one with a simple t address and running xenoncat nheqminer on another with the identical t address.
My zogpool stats page shows one worker with a Sols/sec rate approximately equal to the two individual Sols/sec rates added together.
Should I do anything differently?

You’re doing everything correct, the pool is currently only showing the first connection it sees hash rate when it gets more than one worker per name. It is recording the total shares from both workers however, it is just not summing the stats for the web ui.

A workaround would be to increment a nonce on your worker names so you get a total display of your hash rate.

ex

t1PGgRgVQ14utsD7mp2dzGdykTDFUCKzPQ5.euclid
t1PGgRgVQ14utsD7mp2dzGdykTDFUCKzPQ5.euclid1
t1PGgRgVQ14utsD7mp2dzGdykTDFUCKzPQ5.euclid2

We are working on better share reporting in the webui.

1 Like