Price Speculation

Im sorry I called Horizen a shitcoin, its a different thing I shouldn’t be so critical of them

1 Like

I was critical in the beginning too. But they have delivered on their roadmap thus far

2 Likes

Just been playing with Coinlib, a thoroughly excellent app IMHO.

If anyone needs cheering up, it says ZEC market cap is $397B, almost 400 billion (Chilean Pesos) :blush:

binance price
XMR $117.29
ZEC $117.00

Finally , zec price is lower than xmr.

Finally? Is that an achivement for you?

2 Likes

It seems that my hope for “to the moon” was in vain. Thinking of it now… what is so special about ZCash? Mining reward is tiny now. Transaction confirmation speed is slow, or at least not too fast. It takes about an hour to get 30 confirmations while volume is very low. Privacy? Ok… But there are plenty of other private coins. There is an opinion that ZCash is very strong and innovative in it’s technical side, but… How am I supposed to believe it if there is still no stable and user-friendly wallet for windows available? Like many others I still think that ZCash is undervalued (comparing to other cryptos), but market disagrees with us. What we can see last few months is continuous decrease in demand. Even now when price is so attractive - volume is still very low.

finally zcash overtakes XMR
ZEC - $117,96
XMR - $116.58
woooooooooo

2 Likes

what does this even mean?

Do you even zero knowledge?

Do you understand the power of view keys and what kind of applications can be built with zcash?

rome wasn’t built in a day, and before building caesar’s palace they built an aqueduct.

Based on what? The entire market is crashing and you think only zcash is falling?

Where do you get this data? Again, based on what?
125M in trading volume 1 week ago is 100M in trading volume now. The amount of coins exchange didn’t decrease, the price did…

Zcash’s volume is much higher than 3 of the top 10 coins.
Zcash’s issuance per day is the third most highest (https://onchainfx.com/ order by new issuance)

Stop looking at crypto as a quick buck investment and consider making expectations for the long run and not “for the end of the month”

This means to wait for at least an hour for your money to be available on exchange after you send them. I remember the times when it was very difficult to send/receive bitcoins because transaction pool was overloaded and some transactions were never confirmed. This made bitcoin totally useless for what it was designed in the first place. I think situation with ZCash would be even worse on the same volume if it is already so sullen now.

It’s already few years of ZCash development. And there is still no wallet for the most popular PC platform.

You can say so. But if my knowledge is insufficient then what about the rest 99 percents of people? It seems that one must be elite of elite to understand the profoundness of ZCash.

ZCrash is falling not only against fiat, but agains ETH and BTC and even against other private coins.

I look at volume in ZCash on BTC-ZEC comparing to other times.

The saying of a looser.
“To become long-term investor” = To buy some asset which falls when you expect it to grow.

2 Likes

I absolutly agree with this one and i’am pretty sure it’s one of the reasons ZEC isn’t doing better. This should be top priority to have an easy to handle windows wallet.
I can’t see any logic behind this. Watching for example the DASH wallets can make someone only jealous, lol.

Seriously, there is so much money “wasted” on things, why the hell NO damn good windows wallet so the average joe user has a chance using ZEC as well on a stand alone wallet?

3 Likes

Totally has nothing to do with zcash but I understand your sentiment.

WinZec is available.
If you are talking about zcashd support for Windows just go on github and you’ll figure out yourself when full support will be available.
Why built a fully supported wallet when network upgrade isn’t even finished? ROME

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zero+knowledge+for+dummies
Watch any 1 video in list and you should comprehend the wider picture of ît’s potential.

BS. The truth is Bitcoin is gaining ON ALL coins. Not ZEC losing agains one or another.

Comparing to other times? Share your data please.

You lost money investing in crypto and your b*tt hurt?

I don’t get it. What are you trying to say?

1 Like

thanks for not accepting my wager noobvie! i would’ve been pretty salty over losing that one! lol

1 Like

Checkmate.

Not wasting anymore energy.

1 Like

You just have no any arguments. You ignore common sense and only say propaganda-like rubbish. I won’t be surprised if you are someone from ZCash marketing stuff, whose mission is to keep as more idiots in ZCash is possible while your bosses dumps their coins :smiley:

The personal-ish type attacks are something we should all try to avoid (its hard sometimes but still)
That being said, the fervor exhibited here (the Zcash community), from what I can tell, is special
The zeal is real but its easily weaponized so just remember to excersise a little recourse as well

3 Likes

@gglpnh your post was flagged by the community for being inappropriate.

To avoid this in the future I would suggest framing your arguments constructively without degrading language towards other Community members like Zooko or others who disagree with your perspective. FAQ - Zcash Community Forum

You have several valid points like the need for Windows Mac and mobile support, which is why the Developers are working on all three. Zcash Company Proposed Roadmap - Electric Coin Company

You can see the progress the team is making with each platform via the weekly development updates https://forum.zcashcommunity.com/c/weekly-updates

5 Likes

It’s my understanding that once the Sapling upgrade takes place, it will dramatically decrease the processing time/memory overhead demands for Shielded Transactions (Z-trans); which, and again as I understand, is something like a 96% decrease in necessary computing power. That should pave the way for mobile wallets using Z-Addresses. It’s hoped, then, that more users adopt Z-Cash since it will be quite convenient to use. Time will tell if it has a positive influence on the price.

3 Likes

Its clear to me that since the start Zcash has done nothing but lose value compared to Bitcoin with periodical bounces to get more people bagholding.

As you can see its just been creating lower high one after another.

1 Like

@Trololino I’m not quite sure if you intended to reply to me but I don’t speculate or postulate on Zcash price. I will say that Zcash is still in it’s early years and has many improvements in the pipeline.

1 Like
  • It’s shame for grown up people to be unable to tolerate truth, which is - ZEC is being developed since 2015, almost 4 years, and still there is no user-friendly wallets for mobile and windows platforms. My flagged post may be a bit emotional but all I’ve said is bitter truth. ZEC lured a lot of users with high mining rewards, but as rewards are tiny now, it’s time to provide better user experience.
  • If this is ZCash community forum here it does not mean we should only do praising and ass-kissing.
  • Could you be so kind to share some links with concrete dates? When should we expect new shiny wallets? Releases? Integrations? Listings? Events?
    It’s not that I’m not patient, I’m still accumulating ZEC. But what makes me feel uneasy is that I don’t see positive changes while my savings goes to zero.